Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Garmin 1/4 turn mounts – what are my options?
  • gonetothehills
    Free Member

Just got myself a Garmin Edge 200 that I’m very pleased with. It came with a pair of the band on, quarter turn mounts, which seem fine, but I’m going to need a couple more mounts for the other bikes…

Looking in the usual places, it seems that I’m going to be parting with £30 for an ‘out front’ one which is incredible! Are they that special? I’ve found the same as the ones I’ve got now for about £8, but is there anything else? I like the look / concept of the out front ones, but won’t be dropping that much on one!

Cheers in advance 🙂

big_scot_nanny

I was also looking, but just went and ordered more of the rubber band/disk fellas.

What else is there seems to be either farr too expensive, but mostly would require taking everything else off the bars to slide them on. pain in the arse!

Kev

mrblobby
    Free Member

Out front one is good on the road bike, better position for glancing at it while riding, which i do a lot. Never really look at it on the mtb so mount on the bar or stem is fine.

Edit: the garmin out front one is a well made bit of kit, not a rattly bit of plastic tat. The price does smart a bit but it is worth it for the road bike in my opinion.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Kev – I’d not thought of that! I do like the look of the out front, mrblobby – esp for the road bike – but will I really have to untape the bars to fit it? 😯

singlespeedstu

but mostly would require taking everything else off the bars to slide them on. pain in the arse!

The Garmin outfront mount has a hinge in it so no need to remove anything else to fit it.

big_scot_nanny

Ah, stu, a veryy good point. I was only looking at the ebay ones.

#BSN scurries off to order one# 😀

Kev

atlaz
    Free Member

KCNC do an out front one too. Apparently it’s a bit sharp and grinds the GPS away a bit in actual use.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I got some out front ones off ebay for the road bike, non hinged though so hopeing it’s nice bendy plastic. Came to under £30 for 2 posted from the US.

The normal Garmin ones come in packs of 2 (I think) so £8 doesn’t seem so bad.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 1/4 turn mounts – what are my options?’ is closed to new replies.