Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Gareth Bale
  • iolo
    Free Member

He needed to prove he was worth the money. I think this does. Just wow.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0qS-OFRYP0Q[/video]

taxi25
    Free Member

Totally awesome !! Terrorized Barcelona, before he scored I was shouting at the TV, “just give the ball to Bale”.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Jesus! He took the long way round the Barça player then!

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Should have been disallowed

Left the field of play and didn’t get permission from the ref to return

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Tijuana Taxi

Have fun with these 🙂

http://www.theguardian.com/football/series/you-are-the-ref

tonyg2003

“Disallowed” because you get pushed off the field. No way.

Fabulous goal.

hora
    Free Member

Left the field of play and didn’t permission from the ref to return

So being shoved out doesn’t count? Good on the ref for allowing play to continue.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Tad early for a bit of humour then?

hora
    Free Member

Stop your humor pathetic human

Mackem

Rubbish goalkeeping helped.

PrinceJohn

Spurs fans must feel like they’ve just been invited to their ex’s wedding who’s now marrying George Clooney

olddog

Yup he’s pretty good. There is no substitue for speed.

Are we absolutely sure he isn’t eligible to play for England?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Great goal and loved watching recent classicos

endurogangster
    Free Member

Ridonkulous!

shermer75
    Free Member

Good to see Fernando Alonso making efficient use of his time between Grand Prix there

binners

Unbelievable goal!

Spurs fans must feel like they’ve just been invited to their ex’s wedding who’s now marrying George Clooney

Indeed. Like they sold a Ferrari, and with the money bought a large selection of family hatchbacks

zippykona

Nice. So much better than these “wonder goals” booted from half way up the pitch.

bruneep

Seen my son score many a goal just like that, I’ll need to find an agent for him.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Immagonna go against the grain here and say I was a little underwhelmed from the way I’d heard it described on the radio.

Jamie
    Free Member

Luka Modric ain’t never letting go…

theotherjonv

Technically, leaving the field without permission and entering the field without permission are both caution offences. So not only a disallowed goal, but also two yellows = a red.

zokes
    Free Member

Technically, leaving the field without permission and entering the field without permission are both caution offences. So not only a disallowed goal, but also two yellows = a red.

I have a mate who refs in the lower leagues who I’m absolutely certain would have seen it that way 😀

He does almost every single match also send someone off for punching / threatening him – I wonder why…

avdave2

Good on the ref for allowing play to continue

I liked the way he got right in the players faces a few times and there were some great finger in the chest moments where he was pointing out who was in charge. I’m not sure if he was all that good a ref but it was entertaining.

gogg
    Free Member

Not only that, but then George sends you the video of the Honeymoon…

Back of the net…

dooosuk
    Free Member

Not a wonder goal at all. It was a kick and chase and he was never really in control of the ball once in their box either…pretty lucky to score really.

Pigface
    Free Member

pretty lucky to score really.

😆

gwaelod
    Free Member

Looks a lot like this one
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=knwJdqa2qag

Junkyard
    Free Member

Immagonna go against the grain here and say I was a little underwhelmed from the way I’d heard it described on the radio.

THIS he kicks the ball a long way runs faster than someone else and toe pokes it into the net

Not that great a goal tbh

Dont get me wrong he is a great player but not sure what is so special about that

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Dont get me wrong he is a great player but not sure what is so special about that

+1

tpbiker
    Free Member

decent goal but nothing more. I was expecting something akin to a mazy dribble past 6 defenders, ala maradonna vs england.

That was just kick and rush imo…

Coyote
    Free Member

I was expecting something akin to a mazy dribble past 6 rubbish English defenders

FIFY. Little tubs wouldn’t have got past a half decent team.

mega
    Free Member

As a Spurs fan – is it wrong to enjoy watching the video of Bale and George Clooney’s honeymoon antics? 😳

Love this video

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHsIzHLctgI[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not sure who that insult is worse on tbh Maradonna or England but it was voted the goal of the century for reasons that everyone but you can see.

Linekar

“When Diego scored that second goal against us, I felt like applauding. I’d never felt like that before, but it’s true… and not just because it was such an important game. It was impossible to score such a beautiful goal. He’s the greatest player of all time, by a long way. A genuine phenomenon.”

Best player in the world in his prime dribbling on a shitty pitch against a decent team and scoring a beautiful goal

mega
    Free Member

jebus – after watching that vid I posted again I realise I had forgotten just how good he is

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

dribbling on a shitty pitch against a decent team

And let’s not forget – against a decent team, a few of who tried to just kick him on the way through. It was one of the greatest goals ever.

Bale’s one has to be taken in context. It’s the in the final of the Spanish equivalent of the FA Cup (I think anyway, or is it a league cup type thing?) – and it’s with five minutes to go against your biggest rivals – the team whose fans despise you more than any others. So, yeah, it’s a fantastic goal, but an equivalent comparison would be Giggs’ (great personality btw) against Arsenal – for me that was a better goal.

But up there with Maradona’s, Cruyff’s, Van Basten’s, Ronnie Whelan’s against Russia, or Ray Houghton’s against Italy, or anyone’s against France (the cheating bastards)? Nah.

Junkyard
    Free Member

With Love
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLUxMRYJAso[/video]

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I saw him score against Barcelona and us guys were really impressed by
    his speed and quick thinking.

chewkw
    Free Member

Bale is a very confident boy isn’t he by running at defenders that way.

Actually, he is very skillful at controlling the ball at that running speed which many can’t.

As an English player I think he is the best so far … 😆

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Gareth Bale’ is closed to new replies.