Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • GardenFurnitureTrackWorld: anyone have a swing seat?
  • cinnamon_girl

Any tips for buying one and where to site? Not keen on the idea of leaving it out all year round but not easy to store either.

Thanks. 🙂

Kamakazie

Made?
    Not got a swing seat but try and get powder coated aluminium frames rather than steel.

Saccades
    Free Member

Had an aluminium one, now have a wooden one.

Aluminium was cheap and nasty and looked cheap and nasty, was happy to see it go when it died. Didn’t look after it, lasted 3-4 years before the seating part went and the nuts and bolts had covered a lot of it in orange dribble. Grey, boring boring grey.

Wooden one is still quite cheap (B&Q I think), looks much nicer, chain supports are ok and more adjustable for lengths, but squeak (Some pace grease sorted it tbf). I have treated it every spring (and when we bought it), it’s 4-5 years old with a lot of small bore holes, fungus growing in bits and I’ve just replaced the side bit of the bench because the kids keep thinking it’s a proper swing and had snapped the support dowel.

During the summer it’s on the patio in the sun (this is ireland though, so often quite damp), the 1 winter it wasn’t stored on the patio but under the shed out of view in the dark (basically in direct line of the runoff from the roof) is when the fungus first showed up (had been a wet summer and the couch/pillow thing had been left on dripping wet for ages, perfect environment really).

The wooden one is a nicer place to sit and as it was wood I was able to add some small wooden shelves to the sides to be able to put your drinks on which is loads better than having to hold your drink all the time when getting up/down/reading a book etc.

So err… shelves for drinks and don’t leave a wooden one covered in damp stuff in loads of rainwater.

crankboy
    Free Member

My brother has a quality metal one it was ace but looks shabby now my friends have a quality wooden one it was ace and still is .wood gains character with time metal just looks tarnished and rusty .

I have always wanted one since I was a kid and used to stay over at a friends who had one and a garden big enough to house it.

wilburt
    Free Member

I find most garden furniture is just a temporary visitor before finding its place in the landfill.

Saccades
    Free Member

:shakey:

Wooden ones burn….

cloudnine
    Free Member

What will the neighbours say..

thecaptain
    Free Member

Gave someone a wooden one as a present, it rotted and collapsed over a few years. Wouldn’t say it was a great success.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘GardenFurnitureTrackWorld: anyone have a swing seat?’ is closed to new replies.