Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Garden shed base – plastic – any good?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Tempted to buy the plastic and avoid the paving slabs, sand and cement.

Anyone not recommend it?

http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/sheds-storage/wooden-sheds/shed_bases/Shedmate-Adjustable-Shed-Base-System-Black-11027510

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That looks very ‘JML’, another solution to a problem that doesnt exist.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

It’s still going to need something solid to sit on, so you’ll probably need those slabs and cement anyway. Whilst you’re at it, just make it level and dispense with the gimmicky plastic things

csb

I’m also embarking on a new shed base. Couldn’t believe how much sand was needed for a 4 by 2 metre base 5 cm deep, over half a tonne of the stuff! There is some plastic grid stuff you fill with stones that saves sand and slabs but you still need to dig.

Suggsey
    Free Member

A shed supplier says those plastic things are shy t. As others have said do it once properly and you’ll have no problem…..oh and buy a proper shed, no particleboard or for floor, they are pure false economy from unfortunate experience!

wheelie

Mine is going on a 100mm x100mm section steel skid!

ajantom

The plastic grid stuff (same stuff that’s used in car parks, etc.) works very well as an alternative to slabs/concrete.
    I bought from these guys Plastic Shed Base

captain-slow
    Free Member

I have two 8 x 6 sheds – I put one on a concrete base which cost a fortune and will survive a nuclear war and the other on six fence posts laid on leveled earth. Both have been there for ten years plus with no problems…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Garden shed base – plastic – any good?’ is closed to new replies.