Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garden Power Tools – Your Rotavator / Tiller recommendations please
  • beamers

Afternoon all.

I’m on the hunt for a petrol rotavator. The Merry Tiller Super Major was looking good for my needs due to its adjustable size but I’m having difficulty finding anywhere that has them in stock.

Can any of the STW gardening types suggest a suitable alternative?

Ta in advance.

wwaswas

How often are you likely to use it?

I used to rent one for a weekend once a year to do the allotments. Once I’d given it a good till at the beginning of the year any subsequent digging to plant stuff was fine for the rest of the season.

(yes, I know this hasn’t answered the question!)

beamers

We are going to be using it a lot. I’ve already done the cost / benefit analysis of renting v buying and I’ve sided with buying my own.

deadslow

Try freecycle, I posted a wanted ad in the three closest me. Got one for free. It had been in a shed for 10 years, was 25 years old and the owners dad had just passed away and they wanted rid off. But it had a Briggs and Stratton engine. New oil, carb clean, new spark plugs, fresh petrol and started second time. Used for three years and gave it to my sister.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

That tiller looks like a beast, have you used a tiller/Rotavator before?. They can give you a right good workout,what do you plan on using it for? There is a difference between a tiller and Rotavator the later is for breaking virgin/rough ground.

I was advised by a friend in the know to get one with a Honda engine as they start and lots of the others are a right sod to start, so got a Honda f220 off eBay its great easy to lift into the car and has got my 300m2 sorted

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Camon C8s are generally reliable and up to commercial use. Sounds like it’s for an allotment society.

Saves a bit of digging for the lazy folks 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garden Power Tools – Your Rotavator / Tiller recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.