Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Garburnn pass
  • willv

I hear that the climb from Troutbeck to Kentmere direction has been worked on and not as challenging as before but the descent to Kentmere is still good. Is this true or has the recent weather undone all the good work??

bungalistic
    Free Member

Descent is still rough and good fun, the climb up has had work done making it a little easier to climb yeah, not a bad thing in my opinion

tomaso
    Free Member

The ascent from Troutbeck side is no longer an almost impossible challenge and has been surfaced. It still takes plenty of legs and lungs but is all easily rideable. The descent into Kentmere is as good as ever and is full of large rocks, drops and water bars.

In conclusion it is still very much worth doing in a lung bursting and arm pumping big grinning way.

tandemonium
    Free Member

And so another bites the dust !?!?

Descent is still rough and good fun, the climb up has had work done making it a little easier to climb yeah, not a bad thing in my opinion

…… It is in mine. If I wanted a smooth lung busting climb I would ride up kirkstone pass.

The ascent from Troutbeck side is no longer an almost impossible challenge

….. Impossible, no. A challenge, yes. That was the great thing about it, something to challenge you and aim to improve on at each visit.
    If this keeps going there will be no techy trails left.
    I know it has been said before, but the beauty of the lakes is it’s ruggedness, wether it be for walking or biking. I don’t to go there for smooth trails, they’re boring for biking & walking.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Get a grip, paths have been repaired for years, and change every time we get heavy rain. The paths aren’t only for uber rad gnarpoons like you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Garburnn pass’ is closed to new replies.