Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garburn not sanitised after all :-)
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

A couple of months back I reported the section between Dubbs junction and Limefitt junction on the Troutbeck side of Garburn being sanitised. There were piles of gravel on the track and a digging machine. I’m pleased to report all sign of the work has vanished and if anything the track is even rockier and scarier than before. I saw several apparently experienced riders on the Sam Houghton Challenge walking down it yesterday…

bwakel
    Free Member

Still got the scars on my knee and elbow from a particularly memorable descent of the Garburn Pass. Some walkers coming up, me coming down, I tried to pass them and suddenly realised there was a large drop-off ahead of me. Landed almost in one piece and then the wheel hit a large rock. The bike stopped and I kept going. The walkers were most distressed but I was more embarrassed and jump back on, blood streaming from the various wounds. Great ride.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

looks like theyve filled in all the large puddles near the resevoir though,there were some good jumps off them in the dryer months!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

riders push while beginner rides:

(note triple clamp forks)

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Oh dear……

neil853
    Free Member

That descent is fantastic, did that MBR loop a while ago really enjoyed it.

Kit
    Free Member

Which direction is that? I’ve only ridden it clockwise, finishing in Kentmere. I’ve ridden up most of the climb in that direction so it can’t be too bad to descend! But then I don’t remember much about it – t’was a while back now.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

They must be roadies pushing down there! Must be! If it can be ridden up – which it can – it can be ridden down 🙂

jumping_flea
    Free Member

They must be roadies pushing down there!

Of course they are why would anyone walk down such a good descent.
    oh and they are wearing lycra too 😛

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Although that bloke looks like he’s only walking down to chat the girl up next to him – crafty! 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Which direction is that?

that’s near the bottom on an anticlockwise (wrong way) loop of the Garburn, between the junction with the BW from Moor Howe and the BW up from Limefitt caravan park. In it’s current state it’ll be harder to ride up than previously.

lowey

Went down there a few weeks ago. Great descent!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garburn not sanitised after all :-)’ is closed to new replies.