Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Garburn – how sanitised?
  • martinhutch

Haven’t been up Garburn for a while – but am staying in Windermere with my folks next weekend and have the chance for a quick pre-breakfast blast out if I can haul myself out of bed early

Was going to scoot around Jenkin Crag, but is it worth me hauling myself up from the Troutbeck side and heading straight back down? I haven’t got time to go over into Kentmere. I heard mutterings about ball-bearing sized gravel, which would be no fun either up or down.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

It’s almost like a fire-road now, easy climb and a very fast descent but not as interesting as it was.

martinhutch

That’s a shame. So worth adding to the Troutbeck/Jenkin Crag loop or don’t bother?

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Troutbeck side has been covered in slate so not technical at all although fast. On the plus side, if you like climbing its now doable for mere mortals (I’ve cleaned it twice *smug smiley*).

Kentmere side is a boulder fest as always though and worth doing if you have time.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

You could do a figure of 8 from troutbeck church?

Church – bridleway to post office – up the steep hill past the post office – descend down the trail to the left – back past the post office and down the bridleway back to the church – up through limefitt caravan park and then instead of heading up garburn just keep right till you loop back down to the road opposite the church.

Nice little loop and a decent leg stretch. I’m off to do it after another cup of tea so I can be back in time for the tour…

martinhutch

Kentmere side is a boulder fest as always though and worth doing if you have time.

Only if I want to swap scrambled eggs, bacon etc for disapproval from my aged mother on her birthday…

(ponders getting up at 5am…)

martinhutch

Ivan – was going to do the one in VG guide – goes up past Dubbs Reservoir then turns downhill when it meets the Garburn Road, turns again to go through the caravan park before heading over towards Skelghyll Wood etc.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Ye that’s the one, banner rig road climb out of Windermere, up dubbs, down garbs, take a right down to caravan park (mint), up to troutbeck then robin lane and Jenkins. Bangin.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Yep, that’s good as well. Lots of little bits around there you can link up anyway you want.

martinhutch

Thanks all.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Garburn – how sanitised?’ is closed to new replies.