Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Garage Wall Bike Storage Fixings
  • tca1968
    Free Member

Can anyone please point me in the direction of somewhere that sells those space-saving fixings that go on garage walls that you mount your bikes on. Not even sure what they’re called but they’re designed so that bikes are effectively held against the wall and off the ground, thereby leaving more floor space. Thanks.

hedley
    Free Member
    lapierrelady

Steady Rack? Hold bikes off the floor and are hinged so you can flatten them out too.

daver27
    Free Member

I use a few of these:

Halfords hook

lasted for years and been rock solid. cheap as chips too

TiRed

I bolted a piece of batten to the wall then added rubberised hooks for a pound each. Since they are all the same level, you need to top and tail the bikes, unless you run two battens at different heights. Spacing is (I think) 18 inches and it works fine. Total cost would be less than £20 for five bikes or more.

tca1968
    Free Member

Brilliant guys. Thanks for the great suggestions. Cheap too. This could even be a Xmas present from my sister and save me getting yet another jumper! Thereby killing two birds with one stone. Looking forward to seeing my garage floor again already. Cheers.

shifter
    Free Member

Pedal hooks are also good. See Point at Amazon.

ads678

I got a pack of hooks like this from Lidl a few years ago.
    The two upside down T looking ones in thw middle are great for fixing to garage roof joists and hanging bikes off.
    I have 4 bikes hanging from 2 of those.

No idea if you can get them from any where else though..

[/url][/img]

fossy

Fitted the ebay cheap racks like budgierider67 linked to. Do the job well and I’ve got 4 bikes very compactly stored. Use your own screws and wall plugs though.

exapno
    Free Member

I found some very similar (if not the same) as the eBay ones in Homebase and they were about £2.50 each. Haven’t fitted them yet though but I have a halfords one that’s the same but for the bit that hooks around the rim and it works fine.

prezet
    Free Member

Not quite £1, but I used these, big enough for wide tyres and look like they’ll last a fair while…

https://www.screwfix.com/p/smith-locke-heavy-duty-screw-in-anti-slip-round-storage-hook-black-103mm/5525j

onewheelgood

I’ve got 4 bikes on these – you can stack them two high easily and they leave much more usable space. £4.50 each.

ads678

Those garages are far too tidy!

sparkyspice
    Free Member

I have a batten on a rusty shelf bracket that sticks out about a foot. I just hook the front wheel of my road bike over that. Simples.

I used to hang a mountain bike in a similar fashion and it had RockShock World Cup SID forks. If left for a while, the oil would drain back past the seals and the forks wouldn’t work properly… So it’s worth thinking about the orientation of your bike when hanging it up.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Garage Wall Bike Storage Fixings’ is closed to new replies.