Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Garage security – up'n'over door???
  • Rustychain
    Free Member

Hi

I’ve got a Henderson up’n’over garage door, which looks dead easy to break into.

Over night I brace the door internally using bits of timber. The issue is that I leave the house via the garage in the day, so I want to be able to secure the door when I leave.

Anyone have any solutions? I’ve looked at the Garage Defender, but ideally need a light and simple solution as the wife/kids will also need to use it.

Thanks

Sean

dknwhy

I have a garage defender and it was pointless as thieves just bent my door in half from one of the corners. Get bolts fitted about 12″ up from the bottom on both sides and a garage defender.

user-removed
    Free Member

Mine’s permanently bolted to the floor now with chain and expanding bolts set into the concrete. Got spotted taking bikes onto the old railway track directly behind the garage and after that it was non stop break-ins and aborted attempts 👿

I guess you could do similar with carabiners and short metal cables, or chain? Easy to open from the inside, easy to lock – no keys required.

rootes1

pacri bolts in the corners of the door..

Onzadog
    Free Member

Motorised sectional door. Or brick it up and use a composite door.

project
    Free Member

Fix some steel box section to back of door top to bottom and bolt through the door, it does make the door heavier to make shure its locked up when you go under it.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

you need Enfield garage door bolts. I have a pair, work well. Here’s me fitting them

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn5qd-_1JC8[/video]

davewilson634
    Free Member

New garage door garador with four point locking they are bas#tards even for us garage door fitters to break into

Rustychain
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. 🙂

Although I have an anchor in the garage, I want to stop the bug*ers getting in.

MTBIdle – Is that really you? Watched the video earier! Could I fit one vertically so it bolts into the concrete floor?

cheers

Sean

davewilson634
    Free Member

Trouble is any theif knows were the lock is just uses a hack saw blade and they are in

FuzzyWuzzy

Yikes, are those Garador up’and’overs really £800+ ? Any idea what a typical installed cost would be?

dknwhy

Anything can eventually be broken into. The key is to make it as difficult and time consuming as possible which will make it a harder target than other garages. If a thief really wants to brake in, they will. Secure the bikes in the garage too.

Milkie
    Free Member

Garage break ins here have always been the garages with defenders or uprated security. If you are adding security do it from the inside, keeping the outside standard looking.

cinnamon_girl

I’ve gone for a Hormann sectional door. Much more secure than up and over.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Ground anchors

prezet
    Free Member

Secure the bikes in the garage too.

This. All my bikes are attached to ABUS wall anchors with heavy duty ABUS locks/chains. Garage is also alarmed.

davewilson634
    Free Member

I supply and fit garador with four point locking for £600…hitman sectional doors are no more secure then up and over u just got caught up in the sales hype I’m afraid..

Sonor
    Free Member

MTBIdle – Is that really you? Watched the video earier!

Not unless he has dyed his hair and as a result of losing height, it has made him fatter.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Garage security – up'n'over door???’ is closed to new replies.