Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Garage security advice
  • dean0
    Free Member

So, recently moved nad the new house has a nice big garage for bike storage and I need to make it secure.

What are people doing to this end – strangely my bikes have lived in many places, but never a garage.

There’s wooden double doors hinged on the sides (not an up-and-over) which should be easier to secure than an up-and-over, I hope. One door already has bolts going down into the concrete base and up into the wooden frame above, so my thinking is to get something like this to do the same for the other door so it can be opened from either side.

Ebay linky

There’s a concrete base, so I will dig out some holes and sink some ground anchors. What do people use/recommend for ground anchors and the chains/cables/locks you’d put through them.

Finally there’s a single door into the courtyard garden – there’s no external access to this garden so intend to fit a chubb or similar lock here.

All thoughts and advice welcome!

ratherbeintobago

IIRC someone was recommending Almax chains, but I’d be interested in other options.

benp1

Mine is fully alarmed as part of the house alarm

Dual tec sensor inside with a separate entry/exit front door sensor too. Bikes and tools left loose, Motorbike almax’d to a ground anchor

boxfish
    Free Member

I have pacri-bolts like those pictured, a Torq ground anchor and a 16mm Pragmasis chain. They just ripped the steel re-inforced, multi-locking garage door off it’s hinges and then sawed through my bike frame instead. 🙁

You can secure the bike as much as you like, but if they’re going to sell it for parts…

Garage and house now fully alarmed, plus I let my pet scorpions have free run of the garage. 😉

You will only ever slow them down. They are a determined bunch of ****s.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Garage security advice’ is closed to new replies.