Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garage Security
  • kevster
    Free Member

I have a sing garage where my bike is locked up via two large chains to the wall. However I am proposing to cut ans install a new door from my back garden into the garage and secure the up and over garage door from the inside. Whats the best method for doing this?

foxyrider
    Free Member

I used sliding bolts on each vertical part of the door/frame -0 They are great and can be locked from both sides:

Asec High Security Garage Door Bolt – about £25 for the pair.

Why don't you put a double glazed door/multipoint locking door in and that sorts you rear door security?

old_mtber
    Free Member

I secured mine by drilling 2 holes through the bottom edge of the door and deep corresponding holes into the concrete underneath. Then used 2 long and thick nails to drop in through the holes in the door. Would be difficult to lift up from outside as the nails are floating in the holes. Also cost is nothing. You could also do something similar on the sides to stop the door being bent back.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gusamc
    Free Member

depends on which is your way in and out
    – assuming back door
    – can put drop/slide bars right across the garage door (side 2 side or up and down)
    – or bolts that go from garage door into side walls/floor/roof

then alarm/extra padlocks on back door opening

foxyrider
    Free Member

I would say its nice to be able to lock/unlock the door from both sides as it get's on you nerves if you want – i.e. have to go via the back and therefore have to go in the front to get to the back when muddy etc. Uless you have a side gate which can be accessed from both sides? of course 😉

kevster
    Free Member

I have a side gate!!!

kevster
    Free Member

Anyone got a link to these slide bars?

cxi
    Free Member
    foxyrider
    Free Member

Sanderson Security pretty cheap and good service for me in the past and Those bolt (which are the same as the one I posted above 😉 ) Are great value 🙂

gusamc
    Free Member

the guys I knew worked metal – they made their own. Box section. I **think** they drilled through from front of garage wall, bolts on a metal plate, welded heads, plate and bracket on inside to sit box into.

*if doing this beware that some little * can still pull out the bottom corner of metals doors so the door needs to be bracketed to the bars as well

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I've got some of those sliding bolts that Foxyrider has as well. They seem to work well and are easy to fit. The key it a tad large though!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cheesyfeet – yeh esp if its in a pocket and pierces ya nads 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garage Security’ is closed to new replies.