Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garage PVC floor tiles
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

5 x 2.5m garage to be used for bike storage and fettling. I’d like to put some tiles down. Don’t mind paying for quality but don’t want to spend silly money. I assume the cheap ones are just that and a false economy. Also looking for a grey or lighter colour to help find what I drop.

So, recommendations please.

mick_r

Work tried lots and ecotile were best. The grid moulding on the back stopped them curving up if not glued down. Got some for my garage which have been good on a bumpy slightly damp floor for a year.

TheGingerOne

Not PVC floor tiles, but I used the Rolson floor mat sets from Halfords. Easy to cut and fit, plus slightly soft so good for dripping things on. Also think they add a bit of insulation.

Might be worth a look

ajantom

You can get unbranded, but identical mats to the Rolson ones for a lot cheaper if you look around online. I’ve got a load in my garage and it’s nice to have a softer feel under foot.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I got interlocking vinyl floor tiles for the garage from Big Dug eBay shop. They’re 14mm thick and have either a tread plate or dot pattern. You can also buy edging tiles for a neat finish.

They’re not cheap but have transformed the garage, no more cold concrete.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Humm, has got me wondering if some heavy duty vinyl might do the trick. After all, it’s never been a problem bike fettling in the kitchen.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Bloody hell, that seems to come with its own set of problems. Measuring relative humidity, levelling latex, underlay, fitting. Not sure that would work out any cheaper than tiles.

spooky_b329

I had the Rolson mats, they are OK but tend to pucker up when you roll heavy stuff across them, such as a tool chest or a sack truck. I also discovered they float when the garage floods!

Until recently I had some luxurious and very expensive 6’x4′ rubber mats but they have been reclaimed and are now back on the stable floor to ensure the horse has a comfortable sleep so am back to concrete for now.

addy6402

I’ve recently fitted the Big Dug tiles from ebay – they seem to be ideal for my workshop.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Garage PVC floor tiles’ is closed to new replies.