Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garage flooring
  • timwillows
    Free Member

I bought some foam garage flooring tiles from Halfords about 18 months back, very cheap but rubbish. Where I have walked on them a lot they have expanded and no longer fit together well so looking for something to replace them with, whats good?

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Expensive but look at rubber stable flooring- very thick and heavy but would withstand most things

timwillows
    Free Member

Quite taken with the Duramat stuff, 12mm thick and £14/m2. The Halfords form was thick enough, when new, trouble was it compressed and got thinner and bigger

dave661350

Costco do this stuff.

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/p/versaroll-pro-pvc-flooring-228-x-610-cm-174714

It was £99 delivered a few months back.
    I have put down on top of the foam things from Halfords. Seems to work well

weeksy

Cheap ex office carpet tiles. EBay or gumtree

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    glasgowdan
    Free Member

Keeping an eye on this. I’ve a concrete garage floor that I’d like to cover with something slightly insulative but as the ceiling of the garage is quite low I don’t want anything thicker than maybe 50mm.

tinribz
    Free Member

Assuming you’re not going to be for driving over it. Plastic sheet, Wickes p5 chipboard flooring and nonslip lino would be well under £15m2.

ourmaninthenorth

I’m going through this thinking at the moment and gave considered everything from “do nothing” to properly laid porcelain tiles (including the excellent suggestion of stable matting).

However, I think the answer fir me is going to be PVC tiles, specifically the recycled range from Klikfloor (they’re anoutmet for Ecotile, which seems to be universally well liked).

I’m pretty sure the PVC tiles dampen noise, rather than the “tip tap” sound the hard plastic tiles give.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Garage flooring’ is closed to new replies.