Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • garage cctv question again sorry
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Just to re-surrect this sorry – had a lot of shed and garage break-ins lately around our way (I guess certain people stocking up for coming car boot season)), ours is locked and alarmed but even so…best value outside CCTV (wireless should be fine) for recording day and night? A trip to Maplins best? I like the look of those motion sensitive cameras you see on wildlife programmes too, where can you get these from?
    I’m sure I saw an old post about this so will search in meantime
    cheers

MoreCashThanDash

Are you looking to record the outside of the garage or the inside? Cos if your missus can see you sneaking extra bikes and parts in…….

hora
    Free Member

Whats cctv going to do?

So you’ve had advanced warning and you are planning on trusting/leaving your bikes to a grainy image?

Too many people leave thousands of pounds of lifestyle-product in basically a big shed. Then horrified when they are pinched.

**** madness.

wwaswas

Ton’s your man for cctv, I think?

jock-muttley

“Wireless” and “security” two words that should never be used in the same sentence.

It’s a piece of piss to “jam” a wireless security device – you don’t even have to “hack” into it or any such nonsense – you simply swamp it’s radio signal with a bigger one of your own – I’m not going to say how you do it (I was then I realised I was also informing the undesirables) but basically it involves a bit of common sense, some basic radio knowledge and the ability to use the internet.

There is no such thing as doing security on the cheap.

redstripe
    Free Member

just looking for something to view outside garage and onto our entrance drive, could be wired directly, one that perhaps comes only when detecting movement both day and night and/or perhaps records direct onto sd card. Be quite interested to see what animals appear too, bit like winterwatch. I’m not naive about the limitations and costs incidentally, and do take other measures to minimise risks e.g decent locks, alarms and not leaving all kit in one place

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘garage cctv question again sorry’ is closed to new replies.