Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Garage bike storage?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Garage is becoming a bit more cramped bike wise, looking at wall mounting as the only real solution. Any good reliable options out there ?

takisawa2

I use these from Halfords in mine. Wide enough for a 3″ tyre. Put them high enough & there’s room underneath for more kit. About £5.

welshfarmer

just found these on Amazon???

welshfarmer

Some of these could be DIYed easy enough too

http://www.brit.co/bike-racks/

bigbloke
    Free Member

Thanks for the ideas, those hook type do they mount the bike off the ground or does the back wheel have to touch the floor?

chipster

Off the ground, as high as you can lift your bike, if you want.
    I’ve got 3 on the garage wall, at different heights so’s I can get the bikes closer together, overlapping the bars.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

i have mine on horizontal wall brackets as they take up the least space this way round.

The vertical ones are no good as the bars stick out into the useable space

AlexSimon

me too – wall brackets that go under the top tube and hold 2 bikes horizontal.
    Eats up much less space as long as you’ve got room for 2 bikes above another 2.
    Downside is that you have to remove a bike to get to the one behind.

mogrim

me too – wall brackets that go under the top tube and hold 2 bikes horizontal.
    Eats up much less space as long as you’ve got room for 2 bikes above another 2.
    Downside is that you have to remove a bike to get to the one behind.

That’s what I use too. I did try the hooks but they were a bit of a pain to get the bikes on and off.

weeksy

Assuming you’ve got the front wheel out to save space and turning the bars, how tall do you rekon they’d need the roof height to be ?

reason I ask, I’m considering it for shed option but not sure how tall it would need to be

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10730876_10205027228751203_4848522966483313769_n.jpg?oh=0cd9602a9f364213bcf3ffa87354c799&oe=54E9B360&__gda__=1424877621_79bf107aeb4b4ce14904eb9c47a96ce5

Tracey

We have seven of these on the back wall, big enough to take a DH tyre and big carbon rim.

Edit. We have 6′ 6″ under the back part of the garage to allow enough room to walk under and access and plenty of room above for storage.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Garage bike storage?’ is closed to new replies.