Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garage alarm systems
  • steveh

I’ve been looking for an alarm to fit to my new garage (even though the bikes live in the house) but am struggling. I need a simple system with 1 motion sensor, external alarm box and whatever controller it needs. Ideally mains powered and all from the main box as I can place all the items near to each other.

I’m hoping someone on here has done this before and had more luck than me finding something suitable. I can find silly cheap ones on ebay that look a bit rubbish of multi hundred pound whole house kits.

steveh

Anyone…..

ton

i can sell you a texecom compact panel, with 1 pir, 1 bellbox and a battery. about £100 give or take a bit, delivered.

ring me in the morning if you are interested.

tony at grax 01132633500

steveh

Sounds good Ton. I’m out all day tomorrow uplifting but will give you a call or email next week.
    Cheers

singletrackmind

Hi
    We had abreak in at work and in true ”shut door after horse has been exported to europe and stripped for parts ” fitted an alarm
    Its a Yale 6400 . Wireless system. 2 x PIR + 2 door contacts. Rings 3 numbers in sequence till cancelled if an alarm is activated.
    plugs into mains , and a phone jack. Can be set to home alarm mode , so you could use this for your garage sensors so at night they only are active.
    Very easy fit and set up . tamper proof box , dummy box, tamper proof pir’s and door contacts . 30m range to furthest sensor . We only went 15m not through walls so not sure how far these work , depends on where your garage is i guess.

£150ish from screwfix , and its upgradable with more sensors , smoke alrm etc . Its also powerfully loud .

superfli
    Free Member

I have a similar setup to stm. House alarm, lots of motion sensors, door sensors. I use one motion sensor in garage. Works fine (wireless system) and that was about 15m away through 3 walls (closer now as I have new garage).
    Mine is through work, but I’d look at wireless system for ease of installation

tenfoot

I had my alarm extended from my house to the garage. The company doing it couldn’t recommend using sensors in the garage, due to spiders., so I have contacts on the two points of entry.

iain65
    Free Member

I use a response alarm wireless system, garage and front and rear doors are part armed at night, the garage doors ‘chime’ whenever opened during the day, about an hour to fit – highly recommended!

stof41
    Free Member

Go with ton’s suggestion.That’s coming from an alarm Engineer.

6hours
    Free Member

couldn’t recommend using sensors in the garage, due to spiders

Spiders have never been a problem for me, but the small furry critters have caused me to do some crazy things when they trigger the alarm at 3 to 4am – made a 2ft wire mesh bubble around the PIR to stop long-eared bat flying too close a couple of years ago, and I built a bridge out of aerosol tops and other bits of plastic at 02:40 the other week to stop the mice running past the PIR in another outbuilding. House is rented and proofing the outbuildings isn’t going to be high on the landlords list when double-glazing for the house is not likely to appear until the glass falls out of the rotten frames we have now. Best idea I have heard recently to deal with the rodents was from a mate who offered to lend me his neighbour’s cat, but he was just looking for a way to stop it shitting in his garden.

singletrackmind

The Yale one I mentioned also has the bonus of remote arm and disarm .
    If you area at work and it goes off, it rings you. You then can ring a neighbour or a mate to check if your being robbed , or its a false alarm .
    If your neighbour rings to say its constantly going off and they have checked everywhere and its secure, then you ring in and disarm arm it as its a fault / window open blowing a curtain around / cat / dog / funnel web spider / ghost thats setting it off.

steveh

Thanks everyone, seems like I’ll be calling Ton on Monday.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garage alarm systems’ is closed to new replies.