Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Gap Widening between a bikes retail and secondhand value ?
  • noltae
    Free Member

Keep hearing folk say – ‘I’ll get bugger all for it these days’ and the cost of bikes and components at retail seem to be getting crazy – So many great deals on EBay for used bikes and they don’t sell – Of course this has always been the case – just feel the gap is widening … If so then why ?

DrP

Flash people will still buy new bikes.
    Less flash people want a bargain. A second hand bike for £1500 probably isn’t a bargain…?

DrP

tomhoward

You can get 0% credit to buy a 6k bike, if you want to sell a year or 2 later, youll want 2.5 to 3k back, but want to sell for cash. Most won’t have that kind of money sat readily available, but could ‘afford’ a more expensive bike at 0% credit

tomd
    Free Member

I follow the scottish bike parts for sale FB page. Some bargains do come up but also some expensive second hand bikes. I think the sub £1k sells because it’s worth a punt, but if you’re looking for £2k for your second hand mtb, folk could get a very tidy new bike with a warranty, on trend murdered out black forks and the correct wheel size for that off of on-one, canyon etc

plyphon
    Free Member

If you’re worried, browse PinkBike for sale.

Most of the for sale adverts are optimistic at best in terms of what they’re asking for!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Gap Widening between a bikes retail and secondhand value ?’ is closed to new replies.