Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Gap ride – Nav through the lanes…?
  • rkk01
    Free Member

Every time I have ridden the classic Gap ride, I have ended up taking different routes through the lanes north of the classic Gap descent.

We normally go left at the end of the descent down the public road, then turn sharp left uphill towards Croftau, right past trosnant and onwards to the riverside bridleway…

The farmer at Neuadd has turned us around a number of times, even though the map suggests this is the most direct route by what appears to be public road…

Also, Can you go right (east) at the bottom of the descent – via the track that comes out at Tir-ciw?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Yes, and it is great fun. Huge baby head rocks, tough.

We start at Talybont and head back via this green lane, then a BW past Tynllwyn to Llanfrynach, before dropping onto the towpath back to Taly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also, Can you go right (east) at the bottom of the descent – via the track that comes out at Tir-ciw?

Bike killer of a track, that one! As above, big bouncing baby head rocks all the way. Awesome fun, though!

rkk01
    Free Member

Babyheads??!!

May not be suitable for the group ride I am planning in that case…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

If they’ve made it down the top section of the Gap descent, they’ll be fine. Its just on the level, so harder to maintain momentum.

Rickos
    Free Member

I hate that babyhead rock section. ADH loves it, but I just can’t keep enough momentum to keep rolling over the rocks – they really are football sized chunks too. The bridleway down by the river is ace fun though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Gap ride – Nav through the lanes…?’ is closed to new replies.