• This topic has 12 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by ash.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Gap -> Monaco
  • ash

For anyone wanting to do something like the Trans-Alp or Trans-Rockies this year, but perhaps looking something a bit less painful and with more singletrack… my girlfriend is organising this and asked me to give it a quick mention on here…

The Trans-Provence

stevomcd
    Free Member

Sounds good Ash, I might think about entering myself! Nice way to end the summer season.

ash

… and you’d have no excuse not to win, what with the lack of lifts and all that pedalling you have to do all summer long up in Ste Foy 😉

nasher
    Free Member

Hey Ash

Looks good

There are some local races also using parts of that route/area. Turini to Menton is a popular one.

Taking the Cap’dail to finish in Monaco?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Ash – can’t you make it a month earlier 🙁

Tonylem
    Free Member

Looks good ash, nice to see you’re getting this off the ground.
    If I thought I was fit enough I might even be tempted.

ash

Nasher, no not CdA… a smidge further East possibly 😉

Mike, for obvious reasons, no… you’ll just have to come to Les Arcs instead…

ash

oh hi Tony, just realised who you are 🙂

Von_Vaderham
    Free Member

I cannot wait to do this trip/race/point to point thing.

I have been waiting for an event like this all my life. Having ridden a little round there I am salivating at the thought of 7 days of immersion.

nasher
    Free Member

I remeber that ride we did at night going to collect the car with my mobile phone asa light to avoid collisions with cars….

Seems along time now

Anyway say hi To Melissa and hope the event is a success

I am planning an event here (maxi avalanche stylee) for next year….cant believe the hurdles i have to jump through!!!

ash

Nasher, the T-P route uses about 3kms of the same route we did that day.

Suffice to say that each T-P day will start and finish a bit earlier than we did that day (Easter 06 it was BTW)… I think we were still trying to persuade you to join us on the ride at the back end of a late mediterranean lunch in Sospel 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Blimey, that looks a bit strenuous!

Is there a Trans-Norfolk for us less rugged types?

ash

It’s a lot less strenuous than all the other “Trans” type events, as far as I’m aware… however, yes, still quite a physical week of riding

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Gap -> Monaco’ is closed to new replies.