Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • gamin plug in problems
  • milkyman
    Free Member

I recently installed windows 10 on my computer, before that my edge 800 worked fine
    I have been trying to transfer a file from the just go ride web site, when I click transfer it says plug in communicator not found, gives me a button to download it which I have done and it still says not found, I have tried it using explorer, mozzila fire fox, and chrome
    any one know how I might be able to fix it
    thanks

benji
    Free Member

It’s a method of uploading they are no longer supporting. If you are on windows 10 you should be able to upload using garmin connect and link your strava accounts together.

milkyman
    Free Member

H benji
    Im trying to down load a route, not upload and I don’t use strava, normally I would just click transfer to Garmin and it would be done in no time, so frustrating when you don’t really know what your doing, must of wasted 2 hours now on this

benji
    Free Member

Doesn’t it just see the edge as a usb storage device? That’s how my 500 appears on my mac, and I put the file onto it that way, can’t remember the folder I have to put it in.

nemesis
    Free Member

Garmin/Courses I’d have thought.

milkyman
    Free Member

no it doesn’t see it and I have updated the software

nemesis
    Free Member

That sounds more like a driver issue with your PC then rather than Garmin connect. I don’t have connect installed but can just plug in the Garmin and use it as a removeable drive.

milkyman
    Free Member

cheers nemesis
    will uninstall all the garmin stuff and see if that helps, was working fine till I updated to windows 10 grrrrrrrrrr

milkyman
    Free Member

I found the same ride on the garmin site and still wont let me down load it

Garmin Communicator Plugin NOT detected.

all it says

nemesis
    Free Member

I’m having no problems on either w10 PCs FWIW though I don’t use the garmin plugin.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Can you download it manually?

milkyman
    Free Member

i can down load the route in a gpx file, I can see it on my computer, but i cant drag and drop it in to the garmin, which I can also see on my computer, the bloody think is doing my head right in, im going to have to come back to this

andysredmini
    Free Member

Mine is now a bigger piece of junk than it was before. After my phone automatically updated the phone app I can no longer upload via Bluetooth and now I cant upload via the computer as I get the same problems as above.
    I have said it before but garmins software is utter rubbish and their software developers ought to be lined up and shot. How can they keep making it worse with every update.

milkyman
    Free Member

I feel your pain andy
    utter frustration

nemesis
    Free Member

Andy – If the software is faulty then you’ll not ‘fix it’ as such.

Two options
    – wait for an updated (fixed, hopefully) version
    – find a copy of the older version that worked

If you know anyone with the older version of the app on their phone then you can use a backup app (assuming android, don’t know for iOS) to take a copy and send it to you to install.

You’re right about Garmin software though…

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have almost given up on it now.
    When I first bought it it was great. I would create a route and upload it via the phone app without any problems. I read a few threads about people having problems and thought I was pretty lucky. Then as various updates have been released it has bit by bit got worse to the point that I don’t want to waste any more time on it. It used to be random crashes when navigating which progressed to no phone sync and now no manual sync either. Most times they would issue a fix for one problem that fixed it but then next update it would stop working again. Its partly my own fault as I didn’t realise my phone was auto updating the app.
    I would recommend to anyone that has a working garmin to never update anything.

The unit itself is great its just the software. It seems to half sync with my phone and uploads new rides but the sync fails halfway through meaning it never does a full sync and wont upload created routes etc.

allan23
    Free Member

Browser plugins are rapidly becoming obsolete as they can open up browsers to security risks.

You should really be using Garmin Express, it works on Windows 10, I have it syncing my Edge 510 and Vivofit II without any problems.

https://connect.garmin.com/en-US/start

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I’ve given up with Garmin’s dreadful software. My wife’s 520 is a folder which you can drag the recent event out of or put the next route into. My watch is next to useless as it needs a driver to read it and express is very poor. Strava (for all it’s bad points) just works. Garmin connect is that special sort of ‘Septic’ irony, eg it does not connect.

scotroutes

OTOH, I find it all works really well. I still use 3 Garmin devices (having upgraded from another two). Express is great at getting activities into Connect and that Syncs seamlessly to Strava and Endomondo. Basecamp works for planning routes and for a long-term repository if certain tracks.

Twodogs

If you’re just trying to add a route to your Garmin, and you can see the garmin as a drive in windows explorer, you don’t need any Garmin software….just drag the file to the Garmin/Newfiles folder and when you disconnect and switch the garmin on the route will be there as a course.

houndlegs
    Free Member

I think he said he can’t drag it for some reason. Can you right click and send it?

Twodogs

Yeah, I don’t understand that bit 😀

milkyman
    Free Member

twodogs I could kiss you, your tip worked you have no idea how much that was doing my head in, thank you

Twodogs

Please don’t 😀

Glad to help!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘gamin plug in problems’ is closed to new replies.