Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Games like GTA for a 10 year old non violent ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

The first born is desperate to play GTA as some of his friends are allowed, not gonna happen in this house !

He wants a game where you can drive around get out etc but not kill people !

We have an Xbox 360, iPads, iMac

Any recommendations???

devash
    Free Member

Burnout Paradise (Xbox 360)
    Fable 2 / 3 (no driving but open world, Xbox 360)
    Mass Effect (Xbox 360, loads of driving, space exploration, morality choices)

mattyfez

Crazy taxi? Not sure how pc that is either to be honest.

Need for speed?

I’ve never really ‘got’ gta5, the combat is clunky and once you’ve pratted about and stolen some interesting cars and shot some cops and escaped, it doesn’t have much to offer.

bensales
    Free Member

Forza Horizon

Cougar

Violence aside, GTA is all manner of wrong for a 10yo.

Forza Horizon 3 is the best driving game I’ve played in a while (on the One though). You can’t “get out” but it’s still a sandbox game. Burny P is another good shout.

Interesting question. I’ll give it some thought.

chakaping
    Free Member

The Simpsons: Hit and Run was really good fun.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Should have said doesn’t want levels in it…

We’ve got forza

Cougar

Fable 2 / 3 (no driving but open world, Xbox 360)
    Mass Effect (Xbox 360, loads of driving, space exploration, morality choices)

All of those have adult themes (they’re PEGI 16). Not really appropriate for a 10yo I wouldn’t have thought. (“Daddy, what’s a lesbian?”)

juanghia
    Free Member

TOCA Touring cars

bensales
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – Member
    Should have said doesn’t want levels in it…

We’ve got forza

Forza Horizon is an open world challenge type driving game. It’s not careers-based race tracks like Forza is.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

He wants to get out of the cars and walk about etc

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

not gonna happen in this house

I suspect he will be round his friends quite a bit then..!

There is nothing else like it really, perhaps the mafia series or just cause serues. watchdogs as well. However they are by no means suitable for kids

rene59
    Free Member

Lego Island?

nerd
    Free Member

Lego City Undercover.

Cougar

He wants to get out of the cars and walk about etc

I think you might need two separate games here, in honesty.

Cougar

Lego City Undercover.

Oh, good shout.

rene59
    Free Member

Does it need to involve driving? There are non violent openworld sandbox games out there, just not really the getting in and out of cars bit.

eg an oldie on xbox 360 is Bully, made by same people as GTA, set in a boarding school.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Red Dead Redemption is basically GTA on horse back, has some adult themes but not nearly as bad as GTA. Still violent.

There was a Simpsons Game that was like a PG GTA, don’t know how old it is now.

takisawa2

It’s a shame they don’t do a dumbed down, non violent version of GTA. I’ll be honest, my lads have played it with me. The one likes flying the Jumbos & driving round in the Fire engines, the other likes riding the Jet-Ski’s. They also like the parachuting & mountainbiking; but the sound is always off. The disc lives locked in my car.
    There’s always someone at School though, with parents more liberal minded…

There’s just too much profanity & sex in it though, so for now it’s strictly out of bounds unless I’m playing with them. We’ve not found anything that offers as much though.

beej

Simpsons Hit and Run +1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons:_Hit_%26_Run

GTA III for kids, and adults who aren’t very good at games.

theboatman
    Free Member

Burnout paradise and Simpsons hit and run sorted the mindless driving urges of our two eldest without the other stuff of GTA. Oddly, at nearly 17 and a regular under age drinker, our middle one advises us she no longer wants GTA as ‘there is enough stuff out there already telling her girls are just for f_cking’. Impressive little things at times.

StirlingCrispin

Are Simpsons and Burnout Paradise not for XBox only – not Xbox one?

My boys have Plants vs Zombies on the Xbox One. It’s a 3rd-person shoot-em-up and means they don’t need any other type of shoot-em-up (all their friends have CoD!).

Good fun.
    Only downside is it needs an XBox live subscription.

P-Jay
    Free Member

StirlingCrispin – Member

Are Simpsons and Burnout Paradise not for XBox only – not Xbox one? StirlingCrispin – Member

Yeah I had a look last night, seems Simpsons Hit and Run was a PS2 / Xbox era game so officially ancient in Computer Game Terms. You can still buy it for PC, the required specs are laughably low by todays standards, a run of the mill laptop should run it just fine.

Cougar

Red Dead Redemption is basically GTA on horse back, has some adult themes but not nearly as bad as GTA. Still violent.

RDR is one of – if not THE – greatest games for the 360. PEGI 18 though I wouldn’t give it to a 10yo.

Are Simpsons and Burnout Paradise not for XBox only – not Xbox one?

Burnout is for the 360, which is what the OP was asking after.

(No idea about the Simpsons game, never played it.)

easyrider
    Free Member

Sonic racing transformed , but you can’t get out of the car/boat/plane thingy. It’s a laugh competing though!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Games like GTA for a 10 year old non violent ?’ is closed to new replies.