Games consoles – which one?

Home Forum Chat Forum Games consoles – which one?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Games consoles – which one?
  • Tom_W1987

Battlefield 4 looks gopping on the 360 (worse than BF3’s beta…maybe because they’ve designed the game for better hardware then done a hack job to get it to work on the 360, it’s truly awful and the first game on the 360 where the graphics have detracted from the gameplay.), for that reason I’ll be moving to an Xbox One or a new PC when I can.

Really, it’s outdated. If you don’t want to spend to much wait for a PS4, or find a second hand 360 (I got one for 90 quid with a warranty).

ScottChegg

I would avoid the Xbox after poor experiences since my lad has got one.

You can’t use any online stuff without paying Bill Gates for the privilege, (Gold Live stuff) and you need a put a payment card on the system to get it going. always a danger sign.

cheez0

Pc.. and you can do other stuff too.

/Thread

Tom_W1987

Well, Xbox Live is actually a selling point for the 360 though Scott. It’s a much better experience than the Playstation equivalent.

You can buy prepaid cards using cash instead of using a credit card, if your worried your son will rack up huge bills. You can also lock said credit card with parental management.

dirtycrewdom

Still waiting for my friend to lend me a PS3 until I go to France in December. This thread reminded me to contact him!

Initially was looking to borrow it for GTAV which I will get. Picked up Gran Turismo 5 for 3.99 the other day. Is it that poor?! I had GT1 on the original playstation and it kicked ass.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

If your buying from scratch then it’s the One or PS4 the others have a limited life. If your budget is restricted then go for the 360 or PS3 and get one from Game as they give a warranty with secondhand ones.

Personally I prefer the PS3 so gave away my 360 as I got sick of paying to play online, there really isn’t anything worth paying for over PSN.

clubber

I wouldn’t buy a 360 or PS3 new so there’s a big cost saving compared to the One or PS4…

clubber

Thanks for that.

So, do I need 250gb or will the smaller versions do?

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

250Gb allows a huge amount of storage space some games use up partial HD as well as the Blu-ray, you can also save movies to the HD to watch. I’d not go for the smallest think it’s 12Gb these as not worth it. Beauty is if you get one that’s too small there dead easy to upgrade the HD.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Well, Xbox Live is actually a selling point for the 360 though Scott. It’s a much better experience than the Playstation equivalent.

That’s my experience also. 30 quid a year well spent. Though how much online gamine a 5 year old is going to be doing…

The 4Gb Xbox is a wast of time, you need one with a hard disk. Dunno about the PS3 but I’d imagine it’s a similar story.

The other consideration is, do you have mates you want to play with? You’ll need the same platform if so.

clubber

I currently have a Wii which is fine for my 5 year old but he’s getting interested in games and I can see that before too long, the Wii will be ‘too babyish’. The new Skylanders is out soon and he’ll probably get that as he loves the current one.

So, I’ve been thinking of an XBOX 360 (Slim 250gb), probably with Kinnect as Mrs Clubber seems quite interested in that.

But I’m aware that the new One is out soon(ish) but from what I’ve been reading, many people don’t seem that excited by it and are planning on sticking with the 360, particularly as some new games at least will still be coming out on both 360 and One.

A quick look on Gumtree suggests that I could get a 360 slim 250gb for under £150. Does that sound like a good idea or am I going to feel horribly short sighted when the One comes out?

And is the slim 250gb the one to go for?

Thanks.

clubber

Nah I don’t have any mates 🙂

Well, not ones who play consoles..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Games consoles – which one?’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top