Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Games Consoles Help
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

Apologies as I’m sure this has been asked but thinking of a Nintendo Wii and wii fit board etc for Christmas for Mrs T or should I

(a) hold out for a Nintendo Wii MKII whenever / if that happens
    (b) Xbox
    (c) PS3

Cheers

Zedsdead
    Free Member

For you a PS3, for her a wii.

They’re both brilliant!

I’ve played an Xbox and it is also brilliant but all my mates, sorry my kids mates have PS3.

jon1973
    Free Member

we have a PS3 and a Wii.

My wife uses the Wii on a regular basis to to all the dancing / fitness stuff. I use the PS3 to shoot stuff.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Xbox with that Wii like remote without a remote device? Can’t remember what it is called but that is what my Godson is getting.

Xbox for driving and killing things, fancy pants controller so Liberal parents can pretend it is for ‘shared moments’ dancing and doing sports in front of the TV

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Xbox with that Wii like remote without a remote device? Can’t remember what it is called but that is what my Godson is getting.

Xbox for driving and killing things, fancy pants controller so Liberal parents can pretend it is for ‘shared moments’ dancing and doing sports in front of the TV

King-ocelot
    Free Member

There currently is no schedule for a MK2 Wii, any revisions to the console would be aesthetic with any improvements to peripherals being backwards compatible. Wii is good for girls and children and a bit of pre-pub messing around. Dictated by the software it really is a family console. Xbox 360 and PS3 are simular in capability, 360 cheaper but you need to pay a subscription for online play, PS3 has a built in blu ray player. Sainsburys currently has the cheapest Nintendo hardware if you plump for a Wii. The 360 wii style remote is called the Kinect, Sony have similar wand type controllers for the PS3, so waving your arms around like a drugged up raver is no longer exclusive to Wii owners.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

PS most wii fit boards are now gathering dust, they’re a fad gimmick. If like me your a pervert, invite your missus and her fit mates to try your board out and sit back and watch them try to hula hoop or pull yoga poses.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

PS most wii fit boards are now gathering dust, they’re a fad gimmick. If like me your a pervert, invite your missus and her fit mates to try your board out and sit back and watch them try to hula hoop or pull yoga poses.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Thanks all!

As its more for Mrs.T and the kids then I guess its the Wii

Ta muchly

Catflees – I’ll bear it in mind

Cougar

360 + Kinect?

Drac

Don’t bother with the kinect it’s apparently rubbish works very poorly.

Sainsburys had Wii for £119 last week not sure if it’s still on. They’re a gimmick though as only ever get used if we have friends around.

MrsToast
    Free Member

360 + Kinect?

Aye, it’s considerably more expensive than the Wii, but you’ll have a lot more choice in terms of games, but still have a load of motion controlled fitness/sports titles (Biggest Loser and Dance Central is good if you like that sort of thing), along with cutesy molest-the-tiger stuff like Kinectimals. Main practical things to consider are:

1) You need a big living room – you need to stand 6ft away from the Kinect in single player, 8ft in two player

2) It has real trouble accurately tracking someone who’s over 6ft tall

Cougar

Where I was going with that is, as others have said, the Wii seems to have less long-term appeal. Most people I know who have them only break them out for ‘party’ games when they’ve got friends round, and have a Wii Fit gathering dust from when the novelty wore off a week after purchase.

The 360 has more longevity I reckon, assuming you want to use it to play games yourself.

huggis
    Free Member

all depends on the type of games you like and weather you want to use it as a media device also. I had a Wii and own a PS3 and Xbox.

PS3 with Move good for family games but also has hardcore shooters which use the technology. For kids Littlebig planet has kept my 6 year happy for 2 years now. Also the bluray player, iPlayer and Lovefilm streaming is all great plus no network fees.

Xbox very good and I’m also think about getting Kinect but if I had to choose one console it would probably be PS3

Got a Wii and playing Mario Kart online is very addictive.

That will be going back up into the games room at Christmas for the daughter and her mates, as we’ll be getting an X-box 360 & Kinect for the lounge.

As above, got Wii fit and it now gathers dust.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Games Consoles Help’ is closed to new replies.