Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Game/Indian fusion snack.
  • Scapegoat

I had some partridge from last weekend, and started on them this morning to discover one was badly shot and the other was a bit mouthed, so I ended up with not enough to make the casserole I had planned. I trimmed up the meat that was useable and cut it onto small chunks. I have previously done a version of SF popcorn chicken with trimmings like this , but couldn’t find the right flour. i did howeverhave some gram flour. So three very heaped tablespoons of gram flour, a teaspoon of garam masala, a teaspoon of coriander, salt, a spoon tip of red chilli powder, three chopped green finger chillies enough water to make a smooth batter and a happy half hour frying four batches of little morsels into pakora has produced a nice lunch, plus a few leftover for when the kids come in from college. Nom.

This can therefore go on the list of nature’s bounty along with rabbit seekh kebabs, spiced hare burgers, rabbit tikka, tandoori rabbit, what Mrs Scapegoat calls my “Roadkill BBQ” selection.

Any other fusion game recipes?

ivorlott
    Free Member

Not so much a recipe, but been known to curry Grouse, local butcher keeps a few brace back for Christmas time. Bang them in the slow cooker for a few hours, take the meat off the bone, then marinade overnight in yoghurt and spices, finish with a sauce next day.

Scapegoat

Tandoori Rabbit legs are good, as are Seekh kebabs

There was a period when I was supplying a local restaurant with rabbit, but they only wanted the saddles. They paid a lot for them, more than the local farm shop pays for a whole skinned bunny, so I had to do something with the rest. That meant at any one time I could have up to a hundred bunnies quarters left over, so I would bone the shoulders, skirt and forelegs, mince them with a couple of ounces of pork fat per pound, and make them into kebabs. Packet Seekh kebab mix is great, but of course you can make your own with garam masala, fresh green chillies, green pepper, onion and coriander. Mince very finely and combine all the ingredients before threading sousage shaped kebabs onto skeweres, par-cooking them for 15 minutes in a moderate oven before finishing them off on the BBQ.

The back legs were slashed to the bone with a sharp knife, marinaded in Tandoori spice mix, wholemilk yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic and ginger for at least two hours, preferably longer, then part cooked in the oven for twenty minutes before finishing on the BBQ. As you bake them in the oven they produce a clear liquid which is all the fat from the yoghurt. Keep this to one side and splash it onto the coals a spoonful at a time closing the BBQ lid to maximize tandoor style smoked flavor.

Both of those are best served with shop bought naan breads or roti, brushed with garlic butter before being heated on the BBQ rack itself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Game/Indian fusion snack.’ is closed to new replies.