Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,324 total)
  • A Summer of Cricket – SPOILERS
  • camo16
    Free Member

Root’s 0 runs from the first 25 balls… finally he gets some! Whew.

zokes
    Free Member

1:1 in the silly review scores

psychle
    Free Member

That was a good review, though not in the sense of ‘avoiding/overturning the howler’ I’d agree

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zokes
    Free Member

That was a good review,

No it wasn’t, because:

‘avoiding/overturning the howler’

is what they’re for. Clarke’s just wasted one of two chances he has to do so in what is an immensely important innings

psychle
    Free Member

Seeya later Trott 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Are you all praying for rain then?

camo16
    Free Member

To be honest, I’m hoping KP gives the innings some direction and runs start to accumulate. England are feeling the pressure alright, but this overly defensive posture just invites more pressure to be heaped on.

zokes
    Free Member

Are you all praying for rain then?

No, we’re 2-0 up in the series. If Australia pull this one out of the hat then good on them, they still have to win the next two, which as weather is bound to come into it again, is doubtful. We’ve consistently been not good enough in this particular test. If I’m honest, we’ve hardly been brilliant as a collective unit the entire series, but we’ll still probably retain the ashes from the current position

psychle
    Free Member

[Benaud] It’s twchoo for twenty twchoo…[Benaud]

Edit: Bugger, dropped catch! Should’ve been [Benaud]three for twenty twchoo! [Benaud]

zokes
    Free Member

You’ve just dropped the ashes?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Hmmm, interesting.

camo16
    Free Member

This from the BBC…

Chris Williams, via text on 81111: Am I the only England who wants Australia to win today? Given that a satisfying 5-0 whitewash is off the cards, I want a really exciting series with the trophy being decided on the final day of the fifth test.

I am now convinced that Brits have defective sporting brains. 😯

Would the Aussies feel the same? Or the S. Africans? Nope. Win first, play well and that’s a bonus, isn’t that the way it should be done?

* despairs *

psychle
    Free Member

Do not overturn you bastard!!

Edit: You bloody bewdy!!

camo16
    Free Member

Is KP out?

Yup. 🙁

allthepies
    Free Member

yup

camo16
    Free Member

Did he hit it, though?

All this review guff isn’t really helping is it? No definite touch, no hotspot, and yet he’s still given out? WTF?

zokes
    Free Member

Ahem:

psychle – Member
    **** YOU ICC, DRS AND ERASMUS…. ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT… night all, not going to stay up further to discuss this one, have fun.

[SNIP]

POSTED 3 WEEKS AGO # REPORT-POST

😆

yossarian
    Free Member

The umps are balancing this out aren’t they?

Quite funny really.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So is the DRS system broken?

psychle
    Free Member

That was out, definite nick even without hotspot evidence

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

yossarian +1

karma works in weird and mysterious ways!!!! At the moment, thru poor umpiring/technology!!

zokes
    Free Member

That was out, definite nick even without hotspot evidence

In that there was no evidence presented and it didn’t deviate from its direction?

camo16
    Free Member

I reckon the only point of the review is to clarify the unclear. How many reviews in this series have really done that?

psychie, he might have been out… zokes, he might not have been out – damn my inability to procure live visuals. 👿

zokes
    Free Member

The aussie commentators seem to be agreeing with me, and given how partisan they usually are, I think it’s pretty clear…

zokes
    Free Member

Alright, the boot is truly on the other foot at the moment, but DRS has been about for a while. Has it ever been this controversial in other series?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I reckon the only point of the review is to clarify the unclear. How many reviews in this series have really done that?

None mainly and there have been more howlers with the DRS than from the Umps alone

@Zokes – not that I am aware of and it is in danger of dragging itself into disrepute

TBH – the 49.9999999% bowl for example we knew it had hit and it would take the bails off but we had to go with the umps decision which we knew it was wrong because it was not wrong enough

this seems to be the problem it doe snot go to them to decide it goes to them to decide if they have enough to scream a howler not go – erm you were probably wrong mate

Yea I know the on field ump technically decides

camo16
    Free Member

DRS shouldn’t be controversial at all, right? It should convert uncertainties into definite yes/no decisions that are transparently correct. I can’t work out how come there’s still so much uncertainty… and I’m not biased here because KP might have just been stiffed by the man… honest.

theocb
    Free Member

Nothing to do with DRS or karma for KP.. Umpire gave it out in live play, Snicko shows it looks like a great live call.

zokes
    Free Member

@Zokes – not that I am aware of

This is it. I’ve been watching and listening to pretty much every England series for the past 10 years. I know DRS hasn’t been around for that long, but this really is the first time there’s been so much controversy.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

This, when the locals are laughing about getting a free one then it wasn’t out.

zokes
    Free Member

Mind you, that dirty stinking cheat Brett Lee just admitted that he knew he was out LBW twice in the last Old Trafford test and he didn’t walk!

Cheating dirty Aussies 😆

psychle
    Free Member

What commentators are you listening to?? Vaughn just reckoned he was out, there was a definite noise and even a slight change in the seam movement as it passed the edge, no doubt in my mind he edged it (and I wouldn’t have been too angry if an Aussie had been given out similarly)… Fair call from the on-field umpire with no (or not enough) evidence for the DRS system to overturn (though wouldn’t have been surprised to see it happen, would’ve been a fair chance of a broken telly in my place if it had!)

Bugger, looks like it’s raining, damn 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Brett lee and the 2 fat ones who were not allowed to go over.

psychle
    Free Member

So how much do we think KP will be fined for that outburst eh?

Woohoo, game back on, for a bit at least.. C’mon Aussies! 😀

zokes
    Free Member

So how much do we think KP will be fined for that outburst eh?

Probably less than Punter’s records

camo16
    Free Member

Spank ’em around the park for 10 overs or so, boys, and we’ll knock the stuffing out of ’em!

camo16
    Free Member

What was KP’s outburst, then?

Was it ‘I never nicked it, honest guv’, ‘the umpires wouldn’t know an Edge from a U2 axeman’ or something actually serious?

psychle
    Free Member

That didn’t last long ha ha 😆 👿

psychle
    Free Member

Was it ‘I never nicked it, honest guv’, ‘the umpires wouldn’t know their an edge from a U2 axeman’ or something actually serious?

He was swearing like a trooper as he walked off, could (should?) be construed as dissent perhaps…

camo16
    Free Member

Ahh.

Any worse than Clarke’s bleating last night, though? 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,324 total)

The topic ‘A Summer of Cricket – SPOILERS’ is closed to new replies.