Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,324 total)
  • A Summer of Cricket – SPOILERS
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

First umpire’s warning for you there, Junky.

It’ll be your match fee next.

psychle
    Free Member

There’s definitely confusion as to how the DRS works, just listening to our ‘in studio’ commentators here in Oz and they’re raving on about the Third Umpire making a bad decision, but my understanding is that the on-field umpire still makes the final decision?

zokes
    Free Member

but my understanding is that the on-field umpire still makes the final decision?

Correct. The third umpire gives the information to the on field umpire, the on field umpire then decides whether there is enough evidence to overturn his original decision

psychle
    Free Member

Righty-o, I’m off to bed, g’night all, enjoy your days cricket watching 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

It’s moments like these I miss Richie Benaud’s dulcet tones in the commentary box – it’s twchoo for one twenty twchoo 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Rodgers is rooted!

Klunk
    Free Member

and out

Klunk
    Free Member

plumb

zokes
    Free Member

If that had been Watto he’d have been reviewing 😆

Klunk
    Free Member

he would have but it was his captain at the other end “on yer bike son” was the reply 😉

zokes
    Free Member

Come on, lets get the punchy bogan in, then I can laugh at the inevitable reception he’ll receive, then go to bed

zokes
    Free Member

ooof – that was close

Junkyard
    Free Member

what is the point of having it , it showing it is hitting the wicket and still going Not out ?

With some stuff you may have some doubt however we know it was out and hitting so why not out?

Seems pointless tbh
    they are giving them out when they miss and in when hit LBW – WTF is the point of RDS i not to make the correct decision?

zokes
    Free Member

Righto. Bed time here. I wonder what will await. Even match so far.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well done Aussies! Been out golfing and they were 100ish for 2 when we started so glad that we can have a proper match desire the crazy umpiring early on. Now lets see what we are made of? Proper test cricket perhaps?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Will be interesting to see how England respond when facing a large total

zokes
    Free Member

Good to actually see a game of cricket occurring for a change!

theotherjonv

Missed most of yesterday due to work. Seems like the DRS system went even flakier yesterday, but is it really the DRS or the people operating it.

Khawaja: yes the on field umpire made the final call, but did the off field guy give him strong enough support. According to a mate there was fresh air visible between bat and ball.

The lbw that showed 49.9% hitting: that’s the rub, benefit of the doubt. But does seem odd.

And then another outright bad onfield decision for Broad hitting middle of middle but all the reviews used up.

Well batted Clarke. Nice to see a bit of fight, but as i always say, both sides have to bat once to see if it’s a good score or not. It certainly isn’t a bad one, to be fair, but a lot’s going to rest on whether Clarke and Smith can push on. It’ll be interesting if one or two go quickly, England get tails up and Australia could still not get 400. On the other hand – it’s well set up for the punchy one to get all aggressive and he could if he comes off then we could be looking at them getting 400-odd well before lunch.

Time for Captain Cook to strap on the kit and make plans for a long stay.

Next hour could be critical……

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well got a right ribbing down the Pub LBS for friday beers, apparently I was running the DRS…..

Game on, lets see if we can bat properly not just for fun once we knock em over.

Should make for a good night Saturday 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Well got a right ribbing down the Pub LBS for friday beers

Not another bunch of whinging Aussies? Seem to be prevalent at the moment.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not another bunch of whinging Aussies? Seem to be prevalent at the moment.

Well, who else do you expect to see behind the bar(s)?

😉

zokes
    Free Member

it was more the whinging, rather than them being aussies 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol one of them is a Pom (many years removed)

zokes
    Free Member

Punchy bogan time

psychle
    Free Member

Release The Warner 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and with that Shane Warne turns up for Sky

MrSmith
    Free Member

One good innings does not win you the ashes. Even if they make 500+ it will not mean the bogans are suddenly a good cricket team after years of mediocrity.

Pigface
    Free Member

Do you think he drives a Torana?

zokes
    Free Member

Even if they make 500+ it will not mean the bogans are suddenly a good cricket team after years of mediocrity.

To be fair, that would mean that they’d been mediocre at cricket for years, which they haven’t

zokes
    Free Member

Short, and not so sweet…

psychle
    Free Member

Commentators (Warnie and Bumble) have lost the plot – I fancy a root, ha ha 😀 … What the? Why did Warner review that?? Looked like it was almost done to wind the crowd up??

psychle
    Free Member

MrSmith, you’re a muppet 😉

zokes
    Free Member

Why did Warner review that??

Because even advertising socks convincingly appears to be beyond his extremely limited intellect?

Pigface
    Free Member

He really is a f-wit 😆

MrSmith
    Free Member

MrSmith, you’re a muppet

And the pugilist Warner isn’t ? 🙁

If the tail fails to wag then 400 looks par for this wicket, the bogans can’t afford to bat for 2 days in a 5 day game that they have to win (we only need to draw) and post a big 500-600 total unless they think they can skittle us out and make us follow on? Strange things happen in test matches though 😕

psychle
    Free Member

Are you Australian MrSmith?

psychle
    Free Member

If the tail fails to wag then 400 looks par for this wicket

You think the Pom’s are going to get 5 wickets for 20 runs eh?

I do fear what your batsmen might do on this pitch, but fingers crossed a bit of luck goes our way when we bowl, we’re due some 😉

zokes
    Free Member

It’s happened before

we’re due some

You won the toss, what more do you want?

psychle
    Free Member

True enough… Keep perspective and all that

MrSmith
    Free Member

Been done before 8)

Unlikely but i still wouldn’t write England off. I think some people are forgetting that England are 2up and just need a draw to retain the ashes. I guess the bogan fans need something to cling to though.

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,324 total)

The topic ‘A Summer of Cricket – SPOILERS’ is closed to new replies.