Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,324 total)
  • A Summer of Cricket – SPOILERS
  • yossarian
    Free Member

I admit aracer although I like cricket I have not managed to watch a lot. I don’t have Sky and am Scottish so cut me some slack.
    I remember Jimmy Anderson’s bowling being a bit wild, feels like yesterday.

Personally I think Anderson’s rise and rise has been a pleasant surprise to all but a select few. The model is established now and make no mistake we have some absolutely amazing talent coming through in the next few years. Bell-Drummond and Kerrigan are my two tips.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Personally I think Anderson’s rise and rise has been a pleasant surprise to all but a select few. The model is established now and make no mistake we have some absolutely amazing talent coming through in the next few years. Bell-Drummond and Kerrigan are my two tips.

Kerrigan- played against him when he played for Fulwood&Broughton in the palace shield, he was mustard back then.

aracer
    Free Member

Personally I think Anderson’s rise and rise has been a pleasant surprise to all but a select few.

Except it’s hardly news now. Going into the last Ashes series he had a bit of a reputation of being a greentop bully and rubbish when it wasn’t swinging, but he neatly dispelled that there, and numerous times since.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Couple of quick ones – Will England declare before or after the lead catches the post count here?

Todays Sydney Morning Herald on the state of play
    http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/methodical-england-expose-the-gulf-in-class-with-australia-20130721-2qbz2.html

The frailty of Australia’s batting means it will find it hard not only to make enough runs to win, but to bat long enough to hold out for a draw. Rain is an unlikely rescuer; already this is one of the UK’s driest and hottest

The parting words on one of the TV’s reviews was at least as a supporter you can leave, the team have to stay.

So for question 2, what are the odds on the team bus not showing up?

The only way we make Day 5 is if England fancy some batting practice really.

yossarian
    Free Member

Start the car

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Over by tea?

Watching at the airport. Sadly, the Australia flights have all gone, so no sledging potential!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well this is hard to watch, as if they should be allowed to run away or call in sick.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So far both Joe Root and Ian Bell have outscored the entire Aussie batting line up so far 😯

zokes
    Free Member

Having watched good chunks of these last two matches in Australian pubs, most seem to agree with me that it’s probably better for all concerned if Australia just get back on the plane now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Even if they left now they would never catch it….

IGMC

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bloke opposite me is on phone, talking about 29ers and single malts…..

Could he be a STWer?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Introduce yourself let us know how you get on

aracer
    Free Member

it’s probably better for all concerned if Australia just get back on the plane now.

Don’t they know they can’t escape that easily as England will shortly be getting on a plane to follow them?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He’s reading the Graun! Must be….!

Junkyard
    Free Member

You are not a good Observer* are you

*see what i did there

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Loving your work, Junkster!

zokes
    Free Member

Right – finally managed to get tickets for the Adelaide test. Only day available was the 4th day. What are the bets on us actually seeing any cricket?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

sydney is restricted view only or day 5, which will I see more cricket on?

Might have to hold out for some corporate bungs

aracer
    Free Member

I’d have thought all the restricted view tickets would get snapped up by the Aussie fans.

zokes
    Free Member

Genuine beer/monitor interface there aracer

😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

any other locals got the Vodaphone App?

zokes
    Free Member

Do they make beer-proof macbooks? I’m going to need one if you lot carry on…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Zokes put the beer down….

The latest Micky Arthur Gate…..

It’s like getting caught out pissing on the monument in the middle of town and having no idea weather to put it away mid flow or not.
    It’s not dirty laundry in public, it’s crapping yourself live on TV.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and in case I have been hard on the locals

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Y6T44tzIc [/video]

aracer
    Free Member

Australia have now scored more than Root.

zokes
    Free Member

Malfoy trying to knock some sense into Pup there

zokes
    Free Member

They’ve been rooted twice now…

zokes
    Free Member

Absolutely rooted

Junkyard
    Free Member

2 for 3 runs OMG or the wrong way 3-2 either way not good reading

Anyone feeling sorry yet?

zokes
    Free Member

Sorry that I now really need to go to bed, and therefore will miss their main batsmen (numbers 7-11) pull it out of the hat.

JohnnyPanic

LOVING listening to the cricket right now.
    Sleep well Zokes, it’ll all be over by the morning. 😀

bloodynora
    Free Member

Feel sorry for Aus? A little I guess, they seem a bit overawed by the whole appeal system to be honest and the use of the third umpire, replays etc
    Basically though they’re a bit crap aren’t they……never thought I’say those words 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not long now one to go

bearnecessities

Not any more..

yossarian
    Free Member

That is an absolute bloody hiding.

If the Aussies play like that for the remainder of the tour then 5-0 is very much on the cards.

Pigface
    Free Member

+1 a real beating, excellent work.

Enjoying seeing Australia in disarray after so many thrashings they have handed England over the years.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Sorry that I now really need to go to bed, and therefore will miss their main batsmen (numbers 7-11) pull it out of the hat.

Sweet dreams.
    A dream is a close as it’s going to get.

Junkyard
    Free Member

This was more what we all expected

Shame the last one was a much better match

I just cannot see how they will get over this

theotherjonv

Someone up there asked what happened to England to become world beaters. Duncan Fletcher started it actually, he and his selectors sat down and identified people with the temperament to play test cricket. The reasoning is that at that level, they can all play. Even if they don’t have every shot, they can work out a method, which areas to play in and which to defend, but they needed players who were mentally tough enough to go toe to toe with the McGrath’s and Warnes of the cricketing world and not back down. That’s why players like collingwood had a long career, he had half the ‘ability’ of ramprakash but he was properly ballsy about what he had. At that level, of course it’s 95+% capability, you can’t bluff completely. But that other 5% – that what Australia seem to lack more than anything; they know they’re not as good a team and don’t have the nuts to face up to it.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Wasn’t there an aussie (A few years ago) who said the ashes should changed to 3 tests, as England weren’t good enough to play 5. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,324 total)

The topic ‘A Summer of Cricket – SPOILERS’ is closed to new replies.