Viewing 39 posts - 841 through 879 (of 879 total)
  • Game of Thrones Season 7
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

I have to give a big shout out to Cersi’s vicious snear these last few eps btw, starting wirh her first look at ellari as she got dragged in, stepped up a notch last night, if looks could kill, it’s bloody awesome! pure evil!

seosamh77
    Free Member

dup.

jimjam
    Free Member

Cersei is in the DUP? She is a maniacal inbreeding tyrant. Makes sense I guess. If we can just establish that she hates the gays and doesn’t believe in science she’ll go far.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/gUYNYphXkq0[/video]
    Liked the stuff to the end where as they say first time they have had everyone in one place, and how much fun after the hard work the dragon pit stuff was.

seosamh77
    Free Member

weird hearing some of them speak in their native accent, particularly tyrion!

Jamie
    Free Member

I hate myself for watching the behind the senses stuff as it breaks the magic.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I do like the idea they all got pissed up in the hotel though, hopefully still in costume

IHN

On a sidenote, I didn’t realise Rose Leslie (Ygritte) was Kit Harrington’s (Jon Snow….no not that one) partner in real life.

I did. The lucky, lucky b@stard 👿

Rockape63
    Free Member

Managed to avoid any spoilers and just watched it.

Great twist after bringing Arya in for trial, didn’t see that coming! Apart from that it was pretty disappointing tbh….enjoyable, but disappointing!

FuzzyWuzzy

Whilst I liked the whole LF scene and thought it was done well I still don’t think it excuses the clunky build up though, you can’t spend 7 series developing the two sisters from the naive girls that left Winterfell in S1 to have us believe LF has them wrapped around his well LF so much they fall for something so blatant.

Jaime should have been cut in half by the Mountain to, I guess he must be needed in the final season but kinda disappointed they didn’t kill off at least one major character.

The whole “lets just blow up the wall thing” could have used some more explanation for people that actually remember it’s a magical wall not just a big wall of ice. Assuming it is Bran’s fault then a scene with him beginning to realise he’s screwed everyone (potentially) would have been nice, he’s a bit too smug these days. I guess it will come in the opening episode next season as he was watching but still thought they should have squeezed it in this episode.

As for the Tyrion loitering thing, not sure if it’s because he has his own feelings towards Daenerys or if it’s just him realising he won’t have the same influence going forward if they get together (at least until someone tells them the bad news :p ).

Jamie
    Free Member

Great twist after bringing Arya in for trial, didn’t see that coming!

I did see that coming, they were literally winking at each other for the lead up to the big reveal.

…and I know that makes me sound like a know-it-all, but that’s genuinely how I saw it.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I did see that coming, they were literally winking at each other for the lead up to the big reveal.

I was eating my spag boll at the time, so may have looked away at the crucial moments! 😳

Fuzzywuzzy is right though…thought it myself, what a waste of a plot line deceiving the viewer into believing the sisters were at each others throats and not showing how they were actually communicating to take out LF.

Also…What age is Dani’s brother supposed to have been to be Jon Snows father? Does that make sense? I assume that Jon and Dani are the same age?

Jamie
    Free Member

Ah. The ‘ol spag Bol excuse. 8)

atlaz
    Free Member

Supposedly in season 1, Jon Snow is supposed to be 19-ish and Dani 17-ish. Their ages in the books are significantly younger but most characters seemed to get a boost to avoid having to cast children to work in quite unpleasant scenes (even for adults).

Rockape63
    Free Member

Supposedly in season 1, Jon Snow is supposed to be 19-ish and Dani 17-ish.

so how old was her bruv supposed to be? 😕

tthew

I’m having trouble with the age thing too. The bloke who got ‘crowned’ by the Dothraki in season 1 or 2, (can’t quite remember) wasn’t massively older than Dani as I recall.

He was a throbber who deserved all he got though.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

It was another older brother not the one Droggo killed.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

tthew

Aah, right. Makes sense now. Ta.

CheesybeanZ

He was a throbber who deserved all he got though.

He wanted a gold crown and he got one .

Rockape63
    Free Member

It was another older brother not the one Droggo killed.

Heyyyyy….that’s not how Bran saw it, it was the Bruv who got melted by Drogo!

ocrider

Nope.
    Same wig (allegedly), different Targeryan

Rockape63
    Free Member

Really???

I need to watch it again!

chestrockwell

I am closer in age to my nephew than I am to his mum, my sister, so not such a stretch.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

He’s (oddly after running down stairs for an age I thought) still atop the wall when it falls – is he still alive? He’s been the character of the series for me.

I suspect he’ll come back, go and see Cersei, kill her and then be revealed as Arya.

jimjam
    Free Member

My wife was arguing with me that it was the same actor / character marrying Lyanna Stark in the flashback as the guy who played Viserys. They do look very similar but it bloody undid all of the “Danaerys is not his sister” explanation we’ve had each episode for the last two seasons.

zilog6128

The Targs love a bit of in-breeding. Their mum & dad were brother & sister which is why I guess they’ve made all the characters look very similar.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

It also somehow explains how they have silver hair.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah I thought the actor portraying Rhaeger was a bit too similar looking to Viserys – sure they had to give him the “Targaryen look” but no need to add confusion by being his doppelganger.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuDu43Gnyts[/video]

Very nice fan made video of the Jon Snow parentage hints and related clips through the series.

AlexSimon

Still enjoying this although the fast pace still feels like a different show to the early seasons.
    It could have done with a scene where something happened that didn’t move the plot but did tell you something about the characters. Bronn and Tyrion getting drunk in a brothel, or maybe Tyrion deciding not to when Bronn invited him. Just an idea, but I like those scenes just as much as the plot-driven ones.
    Still don’t understand the decision to cap it at 8 seasons.

atlaz
    Free Member

You have to end it eventually before people get bored. Last series was a bit crap and one more bad series would kill it off… best to go out on your own terms.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Still don’t understand the decision to cap it at 8 seasons.

The story is at it’s end, we could contrive another set of battles, fights or long walks in the snow but it’s time.

Rockape63
    Free Member

One scene that still sticks out like a sore thumb was the Ed Sherran campfire scene. It seems it really was nothing more than a ES publicity stunt that added nothing to the story.

Why would such a massive organization as GOT demean an episode like that?

anagallis_arvensis

I disagree, whilst it certainly didnt need Ed it showed that Aya still had a heart and a sense of justice rather than being a stone cold killer which is why she turned back from going to kill Cersei and went home. That would have been an odd choice without the character development.

CheesybeanZ

Theres plenty of scope for spin off series –
    Bronn & Tyrions guide to brothels ….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yeah for me when she arrived she was ready to kill them all if needed, or just because. It humanised the war for her.

hols2
    Free Member

Assuming it is Bran’s fault then a scene with him beginning to realise he’s screwed everyone

Ahh, but it’s preordained destiny.There’s something deeper at work and the fate of the universe depends on the Night King getting through the wall to set things back to normal. Bran has no free-will in all this, he’s just a messenger boy.

CheesybeanZ

he’s just a messenger boy.

With old news .

Viewing 39 posts - 841 through 879 (of 879 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones Season 7’ is closed to new replies.