Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 879 total)
  • Game of Thrones Season 7
  • letmetalktomark

A wee bit confused.

What’s Johns (or whatever he is called) relationship to Daenerys?

tenfoot

Nephew. His father is Daenerys’ brother

P-Jay
    Free Member

Oh it’s all kicking off!

18 month wait though, well maybe – Jamie (or the dude who plays him) says they start filming in Oct/Nov and it’s typically 4 months filming and 4 months post so it could easily be back for Sept ’18.

tenfoot

I was disappointed that John and Dany didn’t find out John’s true identity . The look on her face would have been a good way to end the season.

Jamie
    Free Member

Tormund’s not going to be happy.

tenfoot

There could be trouble ahead…..

seosamh77
    Free Member

great episode, wee bit annoying that it’s finished at that and we have to wait for season 7b though!

wilburt
    Free Member

Disappointed..season 7 has replaced the trademark gratuitous use of cruel and unusual acts of viloence with cgi dragons.

In the parlee for instance a couple of lesser characters really should have been torn apart or allowed to be killed be the zombie thing anything really it just has to be ott.

legend
    Free Member

I’m struggling to work out why they’d bother taking Theon to the meeting?

seosamh77
    Free Member

legend – Member

he’ll still have a claim in the iron islands if his sister croaks it, so I’d guess that’s why.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Not enough squirming from little finger. Honestly chaps you’ve been building that one the whole series, it deserves a bit more.

Wall fell down mighty easy. Makes me wonder what exactly were they going to do if they hadn’t got the dragon.

Kings landing scenes were superb.

Jamie
    Free Member

Trump wants to hope that Mexico doesn’t have Dragons.

seosamh77
    Free Member

😆 haha!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

legend – Member

Main character, needed to know about his sister…

Also if they topple Euron and his magic fleet then he is back in play.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fianle will be the Night King gets to Dorne only to be defeated by a yet unseen major character who has spent the last 7 seasons running a magnifying glass business killing ants

angeldust
    Free Member

Also, totally called it (in my head!) how the Theon/Euron fight was going to end

Is this what they call on the internet, an ‘epic fail’?

mahalo

The lone captive wight, in the bright sunlight of kings landing was the series highlight for me. just looked incredible and was genuinely scary!!

Hound and Brienne’s proud parent scene about Arya!

loved the littlefinger scene too, thought he squirmed enough. he tried several tactics; i loved your mother, lets speak alone, to finally begging for mercy on his knees! was punching the air!!

but there were negatives, i hate Theon, i stopped caring about what happens to him ages ago but when he starting smirking at being kneed in the bollocks.. i wanted him dead!! in fact theres no way all those main characters should have survived that episode! at least one of the lannisters should have copped a belly full of sword!

wasnt convinced when the wall came tumbling down either…

Jamie
    Free Member

The one thing that used to set GoT aside from other shows/books is the glee in which it dispensed main characters. It seemed no one was safe, so you always had an uneasy sense that at any minute your fav character could cop it. Ned, most starks at red wedding, Joffers etc.

That’s now gone. At no point did I think Tyrion or Jaimie were going to die. I know Baylish died, but his card has been marked for a long time.

Again, I enjoyed it but there now seeks to be a safety net firmly in place.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Tyrion’s perving scene was a bit odd but maybe he knew and was like “I really should say something…..but it sounds like they’re having such a good time, what do I do?”

The way I see it the White Walkers will march (slowly) due south and Snow and co will end up back at the bit of the wall formerly known as Eastwatch once the WW have passed, everone at Winterfell is either dead or will run south which would be fine for Arya. Things will culminate with a White Walker sandwich battle royale to the death.

arrpee
    Free Member

now seeks to be a safety net firmly in place.

Until next season, anyway…

I’d like to have seen more anger from Littlefinger once he realised that the game was up. He’s basically a bullied kid with a huge chip on his shoulder.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Oh won’t someone please think of Tormund!

He’s (oddly after running down stairs for an age I thought) still atop the wall when it falls – is he still alive? He’s been the character of the series for me.

fisha
    Free Member

The one thing that used to set GoT aside from other shows/books is the glee in which it dispensed main characters. It seemed no one was safe, so you always had an uneasy sense that at any minute your fav character could cop it. Ned, most starks at red wedding, Joffers etc.

That’s now gone.

Dorne gone, highgarden gone, Bealish gone …. hardly minor characters over the years.

But you still need characters to play out the ending … cant kill them all off before that time. I think a few are still to go as part of the battles in the finale series.

perchypanther
    Free Member

A couple of things are bothering me about the destruction of the Wall.

First, what about all the magic spells which prevent the dead from passing south of the Wall?
    It wasn’t that long ago that Benjen Stark was invited through the gate but couldn’t, and went to great pains to explain that it was because of the magic spells, that the Wall wasn’t just a physical barrier.

Second….. Presumably the Ice dragon was shooting out some kind of cold blast rather than fire?
    I’d have thought that blasting a 700 foot tall wall of ice, with more ice would only make it, well, icier?

Drac

My guess is with the wall destroyed the spell no longer exists.

The dragon was firing out blue fire as Wights like blue.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For a moment I thought it might be ice and the sea freezing was going to be the way around.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Higher temperature = blue flame. Perfect combustion ??!?

though Tyrion was jealous of the epic boat sex Shirley

jimjam
    Free Member

schrickvr6 – Member

Tyrion’s perving scene was a bit odd but maybe he knew and was like “I really should say something…..but it sounds like they’re having such a good time, what do I do?”

Well he was concerned about Danaerys’ successor apparently, so he’s doing that wise monkey thing from Lion King. That’s how I took it anyway. He’s probably frustrated as **** as there seems to be a severe lack of whores in his life now.

perchypanther – Member

A couple of things are bothering me about the destruction of the Wall.

First, what about all the magic spells which prevent the dead from passing south of the Wall?
    It wasn’t that long ago that Benjen Stark was invited through the gate but couldn’t, and went to great pains to explain that it was because of the magic spells, that the Wall wasn’t just a physical barrier.

Second….. Presumably the Ice dragon was shooting out some kind of cold blast rather than fire?
    I’d have thought that blasting a 700 foot tall wall of ice, with more ice would only make it, well, icier?

Well (show logic) dragons are magical beings. This was established 100%. So guessing dragonbreath / flames are more than just fire. From the rescue mission north of the wall it explodes ice on contact so it’s probably some kind of magical napalm/thermite plot weapon.

chakaping
    Free Member

Fully agree Jamie.

I was even hoping Cersei would get The Mountain to off Tyrion, just to shake things up a bit.

Also disappointed Theon didn’t die on the beach.

What kind of monster have I become?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Though with the Dothraki (Bit cold is lads, could hang coats on them mate) and Unsullied (cold enough that your balls will fall off) there are going to at least be some laughs along the way when they all get North.

I can see Bron (2 castles you say) heading North very soon once he see’s whats going on. Having brought us the citadel is that going to be it or will Jim Broadbent get busy down there now news of the trouble up north is confirmed.

We also have Ellaria Sand in a dungeon somewhere getting more bitter by the day.

Jamie
    Free Member

Dorne gone

Nobody cares about Dorne. I miss that wilding who got taken out by the zombie polar bear more.

mahalo

where was Gendry this week?

Jamie
    Free Member

Just chilling with his bro Bron.

Also disappointed Theon didn’t die on the beach.

Yeah, that was a bit annoying. Especially…

perchypanther
    Free Member

I miss that wilding who got taken out by the zombie polar bear more

Nah, he was an annoying dick.

I miss the polar bear. He had a certain panache

perchypanther
    Free Member

Still runnin’

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just chilling with his bro Bron.

That was little Gendry AKA Pod, think Gendry was waiting cold on the boat for a special visitor. Or trying to get his hammer back

Kahurangi

Oh won’t someone please think of Tormund!

My rule of thumb is – unless I see someone die on screen, they’re not dead (just forgotten).

Olenna (??) (highgarden) – not dead, she was prepared with some antidote.
    Dorne woman – not dead, just chilling out in the dungeons ready to get her revenge.
    Tormund – surely he’s got a role to play later with a defiant last stand with Lady Brienne.

Honestly thought Tyrion was going to get the chop though.
    Jaime is still needed to stab Cersei in the back.

Jamie
    Free Member

Jaime is still needed to stab Cersei in the back.

GoT to wait for her to have his baby first I guess.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think Euron booked that gig

Jamie
    Free Member

On a sidenote, I didn’t realise Rose Leslie (Ygritte) was Kit Harrington’s (Jon Snow….no not that one) partner in real life.

P-Jay
    Free Member

RE: Tyrion’s perving scene

There’s a theory, now I read this on UniLadBibleLadsLadsLadsBuzzMixReadit or some such but it’s that Tyrion has betrayed Danny to his Sister. He fears she’ll become the Mad Queen and worse than Cersei hence why all the talk of successors.

He plans or expects Danny and Cersei to die and John Snow to take the Iron Throne (well after that sort out the White Walkers).

John and Danny ‘hooking up’ spoils his plans as it means they’ll probably stick together.

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 879 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones Season 7’ is closed to new replies.