Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 879 total)
  • Game of Thrones Season 7
  • swavis

Dany’s gonna be gutted when she finds out she’s Jon’s auntie, although being related doesn’t seem to be a problem in GoT 😀

FuzzyWuzzy

Bit of a mixed episode I thought. The start was brilliant, the banter was spot on. Not sure about the Hound being a wuss during the bear attack though, I guess he redeemed himself later but if they were trying to show he’s not just a killing machine we know that already from his travels with Arya etc.

I’d wondered before if one or more of the dragons would be turned but couldn’t really see how that would work as the Night King’s army is already crazy-strong, I’d have thought a dragon (with no restrictions on what he can attack) would just be too powerful but I guess we’ll see (maybe the horn sorts it out?). It’s not clear if the zombies that got lit up by the dragons revived either is it, if they did then the living are going to need more than a couple of dragons and a few thousand men to sort the undead out.

Why weren’t the undead giants at the battle (or did I miss them)? They could have at least helped pull the chains (and as has been said where the hell did the chains come from)?

I hope there’s more to the Arya/LF/Sansa thing than it appears, right now it just seems LF is playing them (rather obviously, certainly not something Arya should be falling for). Whilst I’m sure the sisters will eventually sort out LF I’ll be disappointed if it’s just a bog standard slow realisation + revenge thing.

Oh and presumably Gendry can’t have been running for more than a day to get back to the wall so that’s a couple of days or so in zombie shuffle time?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not sure about the Hound being a wuss during the bear attack though,

It’s the fire thing, it still freaks him out.

On the dragons we still don’t know if it can get past the wall, lighting it up and the nights watch maybe but the rules are the dead can’t cross (unless held captive or whatever)

Oh and presumably Gendry can’t have been running for more than a day to get back to the wall so that’s a couple of days or so in zombie shuffle time?

I’m sure later on we will have a gag about that too 😉 at least he runs faster than he rows

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chakaping
    Free Member

OK I’ve come up with a half arsed theory about how it’s all going to end…

1. It was revealed that the dead collapse when the walker who turned them is killed.

2. The night king turned the dragon, and is surely going to be riding it.

3. Arya was talking about her archery skillz, kind of.

4. The Hound will perish as he holds off the dead from Arya at the critical moment.

5. The subject of Dany’s succession has been raised, which suggests she ain’t gonna make it, Jon or even Arya to end up on the throne.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Was it just me or did the White Walkers / Night King in this episode just look a bit rubbish?

In all their other appearances they’ve been genuinely creepy and menacing but in that episode I thought they were just a bit shite.

I wasn’t really getting the whole immortal-creatures-of-ultimate-evil vibe.*

I was getting more of a slow-moving-extra-in-a-wrinkly-rubber-beardy-mask flavour.

Probably just me but i’ll watch it again tonight to be sure.

* the zombie army of undead wights were excellent as ever. Except for the one they captured. He was really building his part up. Bit hammy, I thought, with all the wriggling and moaning. No wonder the Hound kept hoofing him.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d say Jon to be the reluctant king or get killed by somebody close apologising as they do.

jimdubleyou

In all their other appearances they’ve been genuinely creepy and menacing but in that episode I thought they were just a bit shite.

I rewatched it last night and did feel they were falling over a bit easier than when we’ve seen them before.

I would rewatch the Hardhome episode and see if they are comparable but it’s been taken off NOWTV 🙁

anagallis_arvensis

I think it’ll be Sansa as she can unite everyone and no one hates her

Jamie
    Free Member

The only thing I am sure of next episode is epic incest boat sex.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I reckon Sansa has a pretty much 0% chance of making it to the end. I’ve said it before that I’d really like to see the Imp win, but I’ve got a feeling he’s going to sacrifice himself for the greater good being all noble and shit.

perchypanther
    Free Member

A bit of an anti-climax?

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ll tell you who won’t be coming [in the nick of time] next week…

jonnyboi

Jamie – Member

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

The writing/plot is so weak on this series. This episode made no sense at all.

– the whole mission beyond the wall was nuts in the first place. How did they think they were going to find an isolated wight they could do a runner with and not run into the full blown army?
    – teleportation was in full effect. Gendry runs back to the Wall, Raven teleports to Dany, who jumps on a Dragon. Meanwhile everyone stands around waiting for the ice to freeze and she appears just in time? Really?
    – Jon takes a dive into freezing water and drags himself out only for Benjen to appear, just in the nick of time having spotted Jon in the middle of an army of wights in the middle of a snowstorm.
    – Arya/Sansa conflict isn’t believeable
    There are so many ways this could have been better written. They’ve upped the FX and it all looks wonderful but the plot is making it annoying in a way it’s never been before.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Also, why didn’t they just wait for the first redshirt to be killed by the zombie bear to reanimate and then drag his dead ass back to Eastwatch?

Or Thoros for that matter. That would have had a bit more of an emotional impact when they unveiled his reanimated corpse in Kings Landing.

“You all remember Thoros of Myr right?. Cheeky, drunken scamp that he was? Check this out…..”

An opportunity wasted, just so that Beric Dondarrion could showboat with his Lord-of-Lightsaber.

Jamie
    Free Member

The writing/plot is so weak on this series. This episode made no sense at all.

GoT since it left the books as source material, and no I never read them, seems like slightly mediocre fan fiction.

chakaping
    Free Member

All valid points simons.

However the show is into its final third now, where plotlines traditionally get tied up and action takes priority over characterisation.

So it’s not surprising it doesn’t feel as open, interesting and ripe with potential as in previous series.

Fortunately I recently watched the Hobbit films, so I can appreciate how good GoT still is by comparison to that bilge.

ebennett

Also, why didn’t they just wait for the first redshirt to be killed by the zombie bear to reanimate and then drag his dead ass back to Eastwatch?

+1 – I thought they were just conveniently ignoring the fact that dying turns you into a wight beyond the wall, but then they went “we gotta burn Thoros”!

They could have just taken some prisoner who needed killing beyond the wall, topped him, then nipped back as soon as he went wight. Wouldn’t have even needed to close the gate!

Drac

They don’t reanimate like that the White King does it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N3lFie7KNM&t=3m53s

Lifer
    Free Member

Night king has to bring them back, like the dragon

theotherjonv

In other news, Asda terrified by what they might find at their new store opening have rebranded a whole island.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-41010998

zilog6128

Night king has to bring them back, like the dragon

we had bodies re-animating themselves in previous seasons didn’t we? Like the one taken back to castle black that attacks JS?

Rockape63
    Free Member

I’m back! 🙂

Thought I’d read everyone’s comments first and totally agree with this:

-The writing/plot is so weak on this series. This episode made no sense at all.

the whole mission beyond the wall was nuts in the first place. How did they think they were going to find an isolated wight they could do a runner with and not run into the full blown army?
    – teleportation was in full effect. Gendry runs back to the Wall, Raven teleports to Dany, who jumps on a Dragon. Meanwhile everyone stands around waiting for the ice to freeze and she appears just in time? Really?
    – Jon takes a dive into freezing water and drags himself out only for Benjen to appear, just in the nick of time having spotted Jon in the middle of an army of wights in the middle of a snowstorm.
    – Arya/Sansa conflict isn’t believeable
    There are so many ways this could have been better written. They’ve upped the FX and it all looks wonderful but the plot is making it annoying in a way it’s never been before.

Why didn’t he throw his turbo ice spears at the blokes on the island? Not sure where its going with Arya as she has been a top character and she seems to be going at Sansa which isn’t comfortable viewing. Clearly, most of the characters will still be around for the next series at this rate. My prediction of only three returning from their little excursion was wrong…kept seeing someone getting killed and thinking who TF was that??

Jamie
    Free Member

Why didn’t he throw his turbo ice spears at the blokes on the island?

They were just bait to get Dany’s Dragon Inc down there.

GoT season 7 logic is on thin ice most the time.

Rockape63
    Free Member

They were just bait to get Dany’s Dragon Inc down there.

sorry, but that doesn’t make any sense, as there was no reason they knew that any dragons even existed or that they were coming….although I appreciate that its about the only sensible conclusion.

I also loved those chains…can you imagine how heavy they would have been? Each link would have weighed over a ton! Just happened to be lying around ready to use.

I know, I know…its only a silly story, but its slightly souring the plot.

Jamie
    Free Member

sorry, but that doesn’t make any sense, as there was no reason they knew that any dragons even existed or that they were coming….although I appreciate that its about the only sensible conclusion.

Night King has Bran-like powers.

perchypanther
    Free Member

He makes you shite yourself?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I also loved those chains…can you imagine how heavy they would have been? Each link would have weighed over a ton! Just happened to be lying around ready to use.

That got another groan from me. Another broken plot device presumably put in because someone thought the dragon sinking into the lake and being dragged back out would be a good image. The dragon could have buried itself in snow and had the wights dig it out by hand.

Why did wights start climbing out of the hole in the ice late in the battle? All the early waves that went in just disappeared without trace, they wouldn’t go into the sea in the previous series – how did a bunch suddenly learn to swim?

There’s no internal logic to the show any more.

FuzzyWuzzy

It really does seem to have switched from good plot twists + unpredictable main character deaths to being very predictable and crudely implemented plot lines. It’s still good as they laid such a great foundation in previous series (and dragons actually killing stuff is always watchable) but I have a feeling I’m going to end up with a wtf? feeling at the end of it all with most story arcs sewn up in a predictable but unsatisfying way and others left unanswered in a frustrating “I hope they make some films” way.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Last nights was brillaint and terrible in equal measure.

Totally lost count of the number of people on the hunting party – I know they’re all covered in fur, but seriously – how many left camp? It was like every 5 mins, the Mrs crying “who’s died!” don’t worry, it’s just another redshirt who I’m sure wasn’t there 5 mins ago, they sort of just appeared when they needed someone to die horribly.

Can’t help but wonder if next week’s ep is going to be a total bloodbath – apart from top-knot not many named characters have died this series.

anagallis_arvensis

My prediction of only three returning from their little excursion was wrong

I thought that, especial as we had an obvious shot showing 7 main characters.
    I thought Chris, Vin and the mexican kid would be the only survivors!!

zilog6128

apart from top-knot not many named characters have died this series.

and he doesn’t even count as he needed to go to make Beric mortal! Must admit I did think Tormund was done for (which was bad as he is my new favourite character after his bantz with the Hound earlier that episode!) as I was expecting at least one “high profile” death.

It was obvious JS was going to get out of it somehow even after he plunged into the water so there was no real peril there, although the save by (and death of) Benjen was a cop-out IMO.

Jamie
    Free Member

Totally lost count of the number of people on the hunting party.

There was 12 in the party (99% sure).

Hound
    Beric
    Dennis Pennis
    Gendry
    Jon Snow
    Jorah
    Tormund
    5 Redshirts (RIP)

P-Jay
    Free Member

Benjen

Where the Dickens was he hiding anyway? I don’t have a great memory but I’d have pegged him as MacGuffin Stark – tuns up out of nowhere to fix a tricky problem with the plot dies.

chakaping
    Free Member

They should have just got Jon to hide under a wheelie bin.

Worked fine in The Walking Dead…

jonnyboi

perchypanther – Member

He makes you shite yourself?

Bill for keyboard/screen cleaning on its way

IHN

Why didn’t he throw his turbo ice spears at the blokes on the island?

Or at the stationary dragon with the people on it? Or when the dragons first appeared? Why did the 1000’s of Wights queue up on by one to be killed by the 10 good guys, rather than just swamping them with their zombieriffic numbers? Why didn’t the small group of Wights they stumble across not do the “hey you guys!” zombie-battle cry straightaway?

*Edit – and, why were they worried about freezing do death when Captain Scarlet has a sword that turns all flamey red hot whenever he wants it too?

This series is getting, a bit, gash 🙁

Rockape63
    Free Member

There was 12 in the party (99% sure

I’m going back to the end of the previous episode when the set forth into the snow, and I will guess now there was no more than 9.

Seven plus what looked like a couple pulling a sled.

windyg
    Free Member

One thing that I thought was once top knot was on fire they would be able to keep warm

firestarter
    Free Member

The night king knew a dragon was coming and he had 3 spears one for each dragon that he brought with him, along with the chains

He knows cos he is one with bran or is bran, or something, maybe

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 879 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones Season 7’ is closed to new replies.