Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 975 total)
  • Game of Thrones Season 6
  • tthew

Have you not watched last nights episode et? There was a stand off at the funeral of the daughter that Jamie failed to rescue.

That’s exactly the scene I meant, Jaime seemed to be talking himself into trouble by admitting the people he’d killed, starting with his King.
    Ah, OK, I thought they already had loads on him from the last series. Your argument makes sense, they can’t be accused of acquiescing to the royal family on previous form!

edit –

The problem for the Lannisters is violence will play into the hands of the High Sparrow and with the loss of Verys, Tyrion and Little Finger (He’s still on side but seems absent from day to day running of Kings Landing) they’ve lost all the ‘smarts’ from the small council.

I should probably stop contributing to this thread. I never thought of that, and definitely couldn’t apply to be one of the smarts on the council. 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

seems to me that melissadre’s endgame was to find azor ahai and all her other acts leading up to it were merely what led her to be in that room with a dead jon snow. i reckon she thought the prophecy was all the things that she had done and seen such as killing renly and burning stannis’s daughter etc…but she hadnt seen the bigger picture in that they were a sequence of events that would ultimately lead her to castle black and jon snow…by which time she had lost all hope and belief of her prophecy.
    i reckon jon snow is the son of lyanna stark and rhaegar targaryen….nd stark was doing the honourable thing and i’d read somewhere that he was with his sister just before she died and made a promise to her (was this to raise jon as his own and to protect him from robert baratheon?)
    i was expecting them to burn his body so that he could jump out of the flames in a dramatic fashion and claim to be of house stark/targaryen/lord commander/king of the north etc

as for ramsay bolton i think there is more mileage in his role and we’ll be seeing more sick and twisted behaviour from him for a while…but i think he will eventually get it..my money is on theon to do him
    the interesting bit was with tyrion and the dragons…this suggests he may also have targaryen blood…but if its not him then my money is on daenerys targaryen, jon snow and bran stark (a la warg mode) to be piloting the dragons

i think the high sparrow is a nasty piece of work and there is more to be seen from him before his gristly demise…i reckon this will at the hands of ser robert strong

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I should probably stop contributing to this thread.

Nah, don’t do that. None of us has a clue what’s actually going on and the plot is full of holes, loose ends and misdirection anyway so what appears to make sense can be turned upside down or explained away with ‘magic’ so it’s not like it properly follows a predictable structure.

The other thing I noticed was that yet another character said “If he learnt to fight he’d be unstoppable” about Hodor/Willis. Feels like they’re setting him up to be the Bran’s enforcer which if it happens feels a bit wrong. It’s one thing to take over the mind of a killer and redirect them to your needs but taking over the mind of a gentle soul and turning them into a killer seems a dishonourable act.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

but taking over the mind of a gentle soul and turning them into a killer seems a dishonourable act.

In the context of everything else thats gone on it’s a bit tame…

Anyway best bit is now we have overtaken the books all those that read ahead are now in the dark too, much less smugness about these days.

anagallis_arvensis

Its already happend when Hodor crushed that blokes head at the wildling house.

chestrockwell

I think melisandre is a red herring and was not responsible for Jon coming back. His soul transferred to his wolf then back again. Signified by the wolf having red eyes after his murder until he was resurrected when they went back to normal.

Loads of people will follow her only to realise their error when it’s too late.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Signified by the wolf having red eyes after his murder until he was resurrected when they went back to normal.

Blimey, that’s a good spot.

scaled
    Free Member

i was thinking that he’d warged in to the wolf, mellisandre had repaired his body then he’d jumped back in.

wrecker
    Free Member

**** me you guys are good.

chestrockwell

Don’t normally notice stuff like that but saw the episode where Jon gets bashed the other week and noticed the red eyed wolf. Made a mental note to check that and sure enough they went back to normal. Could be mince though!

jekkyl

Just watching S04E02, joffreys wedding. In this episode bran puts his hand on a heart tree (godswood face tree) and he has a vision, incl a desolate throne room without a roof which is letting in snow. Also, the shadow of a dragon flying over Kings Landing.
    As you were….

hammerite
    Free Member

I think the High Sparrow let down his holier than thou guard last night when he said “together we can destroy empires.” Or something like that. I don’t think his motives are in the interests of defending the faith at all. He’s either working for someone or wants to take over himself.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I think the High Sparrow let down his holier than thou guard last night when he said “together we can destroy empires.” Or something like that. I don’t think his motives are in the interests of defending the faith at all. He’s either working for someone or wants to take over himself.

Someone using a religion to gain influence and personal political power?! What the hell?

jimjam
    Free Member

As much as I like the High Sparrow character (and Jonathan Pryce does an excellent job of portraying him) I think the whole faith militant plotline has become annoying and implausible, mainly because there appears to be about six of them in total.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

The zombie mountain fella would surely just rip them limb from limb. OR does cersi want the wife locked up?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I think the whole faith militant plotline has become annoying and implausible, mainly because there appears to be about six of them in total.

….and this time next week, all six of them will fit into the same bucket.

Probably.

footflaps

….and this time next week, all six of them will fit into the same bucket.

GoT meets Bad Boys II….

Personally I can’t wait to see them all diced and sliced.

CheesybeanZ

Here we go .

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Thought tonights was a bit ploddy, seemed to be setting a lot of things up for further episodes more than anything else

hammerite
    Free Member

At least Lord Snow seems relatively normal.

A lot of the predictions on here seem to be coming true.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I really enjoyed that one . We got to see the Tower of Joy!

seosamh77
    Free Member

piedi di formaggio – Member
    Thought tonights was a bit ploddy, seemed to be setting a lot of things up for further episodes more than anything else

aye bit of a bridging episode that one.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

RIP Shaggydog.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Slow plodding and setup, they could probably add a couple of those per season easily…
    and [sexist rant]No Dragon Lady Boobies[/sexist rant]

stewartc
    Free Member

They all seem to take people coming back from the dead calmly enough.
    Also, I cant help think that Vary’s little birds may be a little more reliable than it seems and not easily bought off?

swavis

I enjoyed last nights episode, I agree it was a bit slower than usual but that was no bad thing. I was actually surprised to see Rickon and the wildling woman again, I couldn’t help but think poor buggers….

Pigface
    Free Member

Rickon is not going to have a good time of it.

Where is Snow off to then?

dantsw13

Wasn’t he going into the tunnel under the wall, so North?

gonzy
    Free Member

Wasn’t he going into the tunnel under the wall, so North?

i thought it was just the south facing entrance to castle black…i think he’s going to head south

Hobster
    Free Member

Wasn’t Sansa on the way to Castle Black?

I reckon she meets up with Jon Snow and the wildlings, tells him what’s been happening and then it all kicks off at Winterfell.

dantsw13

I’m pretty sure the south entrance to Castle Black is a big gate (see the opening of the S6ep4 preview with Brienne/Sansa.
    Jon heads into a tunnel, and I think that heads north through the wall. But then, you’d think he’d want his cloak, as it’s a bit nippy out there!!!!

gonzy
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure the south entrance to Castle Black is a big gate (see the opening of the S6ep4 preview with Brienne/Sansa.

i’m inclined to agree with hobster in that he’s heading south to proclaim himself as the new king of the north and introduce his bombers to ramsay bolton

but you could be right…in which case he’s going north and will meet up with bran or he’s going to introduce his bombers to the nights king

tenfoot

But then, you’d think he’d want his cloak, as it’s a bit nippy out there!!!!

He’s just come back from the dead. He laughs in the face of chillyness.

AlexSimon

Looking forward to watching this tonight!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well that one was bang on 🙂 fairly obvious which way this is going now.

AlexSimon

[Ducks out of thread until later]

gonzy
    Free Member

Well that one was bang on fairly obvious which way this is going now.

you got that right….business is starting to pick up in Westeros and in Essos…nice to see Littlefinger back…the slimey so and so

swavis

*closes eyes and puts fingers in ears*

until 11pm at least… 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The BBQ was probably the best bit of revenge in a while…

gonzy
    Free Member

barbecue and boobs!! its a winner!! 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 975 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones Season 6’ is closed to new replies.