Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 975 total)
  • Game of Thrones Season 6
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Stannis? Tall bird killed him though we didn’t see the actual death.
    The rest will come out.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Yeah, she touched Snows face, maybe she imparted a load of her power into him, or summink.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Where’s Rickon? will he have any role at all?
    Who was Jon Snow’s mother? (a Targaryen??? that’d be cool)
    Will Bran be able to warg into a dragon? as well as talk through the heart trees.
    What’s become of Stannis?
    How will the white walkers get across the sea?
    Will wal de frey get retribution for the red wedding?
    What happened to Edmure Tully and Caitlin’s uncle, the Blackfish?
    Is Sandor Clegane (the hound) dead?

I spent most of last night episode trying to remember who was who and what happened last year, I never remember any of their names and so many of them have merged into one in my head – I seem to remember Sean Bean had 4 sons (3 legit and one bastard) and they all seem to be dead now.

What happened to Bronn? I liked him, is he dead or alive?

I know Hordor is supposedly back this year and I think the Lad who can’t walk might be another Sean Bean Son, but maybe not.

And supposedly 2-3 years ago a major-ish character was last seen rowing a small boat and hasn’t been seen since, but I have zero memory of this.

I love the show, but I’m usually completely lost through most of it, only remember who they were or why they’re doing what they’re doing just as the scene changes and I’m back to square one trying to remember who is who at Castle Black.

Still, Tits and Dragons, what’s not to like.

jekkyl

I seem to remember Sean Bean had 4 sons (3 legit and one bastard) and they all seem to be dead now.

out of Ned Stark’s sons only 2 are dead. Robb and Jon Snow.

I think the Lad who can’t walk might be another Sean Bean Son, but maybe not.

That would be Bran, he is indeed one of the Stark boys. He is alive and in the north learning how to talk to the trees

What happened to Bronn? I liked him, is he dead or alive?

He went to Dorne with Jaime to retrieve Marcella and helped jaime to learn to fight with his left hand. He returned to Kings landing with Jaime although he hasn’t been seen yet.

P-Jay
    Free Member

@ jekkyl – thanks, that really helps.

The 4th Stark Lad – would that be Reek?

perchypanther
    Free Member

@P-jay – I understand there are a range of explanatory pamphlets which explain all this. Quite comprehensive apparently. A Song of Ice and Fire, I think they’re called. 😉
    I think it was George Martin (off of the Beatles?) that wrote them or summink.

jekkyl

neds boys in order of birth.
    Robb Stark
    Jon Snow
    Brandon Stark (Bran)
    Rickon Stark

Reek / Theon Greyjoy is not one of Ned’s Kids. He was made a ward of Ned Stark because his father (Balon Greyjoy) fought against Robert Baratheon in the war where Baratheon overthrew the mad king Targaryen. Keeping Greyjoy’s eldest son (his heir) is a way of keeping Balon in line and not rebel further.

swavis

I reckon the girl knocking Arya about is actually Jaqen H’ghar starting to train her up again.

Do you mean physically or metaphorically? I thought all three of them were in the same room at one point in the last series?[/quote]

I did mean physically, although you’ve got me re-thinking that one. Did the blonde girl not get killed though. I’m struggling to remember that one, I may have to re-watch the last couple of episodes of season 5.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Robb Stark
    Jon Snow
    Brandon Stark (Bran)
    Rickon Stark

There’s also a chance that Jon Snow isn’t actually Ned’s Son, it’s been hinted at that it would be out of character for Ned to have fathered a son outside of his marriage.

jekkyl

love your thinkin MW, it would have to have been a HUGE reason/friendship for Ned to take Jon on and declare his unfaithfulness to his wife. Although if it were true it might support the theory that Jon is a Targaryen, except that he doesn’t have the blonde hair.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I have a suspicion that Melisandre has to revert to “old” in order to resurrect the dead. Hence why she didn’t suddenly turn old in season 4 when she took the necklace off. I doubt taking the necklace off equals instant transformation to old hag.

I have an alternative theory that she wasn’t old in the first place.
    The Red God has shown her that Jon Snow must live at all costs.
    She’s seen his dead body, brooded on it for a bit then she has used magic( or whatever) to sacrifice her own life to give it to Jon Snow. The gem in the necklace is a temporary container to transfer her life force to Jon Snow.
    Maybe.

Maybe not.

Looking forward to finding out though.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Although if it were true it might support the theory that Jon is a Targaryen, except that he doesn’t have the blonde hair.

It’s been explicity stated in the books that Jon Snow has the dark hair and grey eyes of a Stark.
    Just doesn’t specify which Stark. 😉

theotherjonv

Looking forward to finding out though.

Only 153 hours, or 9180 minutes, or just over half a million seconds to wait……

jekkyl

Okay PP, which other Stark might you presume it would be but Ned?
    I read the books too and I’m sure Ned’s brother (brandon?) was dead long before before, because Caitlin was pledged to him, as the elder Stark.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Not all Starks are men.

Google R+L=J

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Okay PP, which other Stark might you presume it would be but Ned?

Jon coud be Ned’s sister’s child. That would give the motivation for Ned to adopt the child and bring it up as his own. We know that Ned was regarded as an honourable man by just about everyone but also that he’d be willing to call his own integrity into question for the sake of his family as he did at his own beheading.

dantsw13

The Internet Expert theory is that Jon Snow is the child of Lyanna Stark & Rhaegar Targaryen. Rhaegar was killed in the war between Robert & the mad king, and Lyanna killed in childbirth. Edward Stark raised the child as his Bastard to conceal the true identity. Or something like that.

jekkyl

love it, that fits.
    So…. the ending? Jon riding one dragon and his Aunty riding another, with the wilding army at their back combined with the Seven suns and the Unsullied against the combined houses of Lannister, Greyjoy, Bolton and Martell.

??

AlexSimon

Damn – and I thought I would be spoiler-proof as I’ve seen all the episodes and there are no books 🙁

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I thought the ending would probably be everyone that’s left uniting to fight the white walkers and the zombie army from beyond the wall. I hope there’s more to it than that but it seems to be heading towards the dragons being required to defeat the undead. The dragons are set up as being uncontrollable which I guess is where Brandons abilities will be important.

[edit]

Riding the dragons into battle is a nice image too and one that mirrors the books read by Stannis Baratheon’s daughter. But 3 dragons require 3 riders which should mean that there is another Targaryen (or half Targaryen) lurking about in plain sight.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Damn – and I thought I would be spoiler-proof as I’ve seen all the episodes and there are no books

Speculation isn’t spoilers, I doubt whether anybody on here actually knows anything for sure. George Martin doesn’t look like the bike riding type.

P-Jay
    Free Member

@PercyPanther – I’m aware there are some written guides to the series, but I’ve got an attention span of about…. Oh look, a bird!

dantsw13

Or the book writing type!!

jekkyl

I thought the ending would probably be everyone that’s left uniting to fight the white walkers and the zombie army from beyond the wall. I hope there’s more to it than that but it seems to be heading towards the dragons being required to defeat the undead. The dragons are set up as being uncontrollable which I guess is where Brandons abilities will be important.

That would be plausible, Tommen doesn’t seem like the bad king type and now Tywin’s dead and Jaime’s found humility there’s one nasty Lannister left and her power is very much diminished.

Riding the dragons into battle is a nice image too and one that mirrors the books read by Stannis Baratheon’s daughter. But 3 dragons require 3 riders which should mean that there is another Targaryen (or half Targaryen) lurking about in plain sight.

Perhaps one dies or one isn’t ridden. Although I like your idea of another Targaryen. Who is left with questionable parentage?

chestrockwell

Where’s Rickon? will he have any role at all? Would have thought so, didn’t he just go off with that lass?

Who was Jon Snow’s mother? (a Targaryen??? that’d be cool) See above, Ned’s sister. Also, what happened to Roberts b’stard?

Will Bran be able to warg into a dragon? as well as talk through the heart trees. Expect so.

What’s become of Stannis? Dead, confirmed by the Bolton’s last night.

How will the white walkers get across the sea? Boats!

Will wal de frey get retribution for the red wedding? Thought he already had or am I getting mixed up?

What happened to Edmure Tully and Caitlin’s uncle, the Blackfish?
    Is Sandor Clegane (the hound) dead? Not sure.

swavis

Jon, Daenerys & Bran on the dragons?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Perhaps one dies or one isn’t ridden. Although I like your idea of another Targaryen. Who is left with questionable parentage?

There’s probably a few options as almost anyones Father might not be who they’re said to be. It’s a long shot though, just pure speculation.

anagallis_arvensis

Who is left with questionable parentage?

You’re no son of mine!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

You’re no son of mine!

I’m thinking along the same lines, and based on the season 6 trailer I’d even hazard a guess on how he finds out but I thought it was too big of a thing to start throwing around.

jekkyl

are you talking about Theon?
    he’s too measley to be a Targaryen.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Nope, not Theon.

dantsw13

Wasn’t that Tywin to Tyrion? His response was “I am your son!!”

FuzzyWuzzy

Brienne is blonde with a possible link to the Targaryen’s through Dunk

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Anything that causes the show to have more Brienne in it can only be a good thing.

jekkyl

Me and the wife are watching the previous episodes before watching the latest season, we’re gonna let them build up a bit. Anyway, we just watched s03e09 …. the red weddding. In that episode Rickon goes off with the wilding woman to the domain of house Umber. I had forgotten what happened to him so there you go, whether he plays any part in the great tale I doubt it. Also in this episode Caitlin gets murdered *possible spolier alert* .. in the book they dump her body in the river and then the Brotherhood (of the lord of light) find her and bring her back to life where she appears as a cloaked woman. This hasn’t happened yet in the TV series (it may not) Also to answer some of my own previous questions the Blackfish (Caitlin’s uncle) goes off for a piss in the middle of the red wedding before they all get murdered so he either escaped accidently or he knows what was about to happen. I doubt he would acquiesce to the killing of his kin so he is still out there. In the books he is formidable warrior who escapes by swimming under the fence when Jaime comes to sack river run.

What a great show, I think perhaps the best there has ever been.

jimdubleyou

Can a mod put *spoilers* in the title.

Don’t want to ruin that for anybody.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hell yeah, game on 🙂

ocrider

So how do we discuss that without any spoiler dropping?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Carefully

Pigface
    Free Member

😯

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 975 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones Season 6’ is closed to new replies.