Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 975 total)
  • Game of Thrones Season 6
  • lazybike
    Free Member

Have you ever been in a boat? No…Can you swim? No…don’t fall out. Maybe he fell out.
    Thinking about he didn’t stand a chance, he had to learn to row.. and follow a star that was behind him!

GrahamS

Nah, in all seriousness he’ll show up at the end for Arya and marry her.

She’ll be the last living Stark and he has Baratheon heritage – the Wolf and the Stag at peace again, completing the imagery from the very first episode.

lazybike
    Free Member

No..please for all that’s righteous with all the gods old and new..no happy endings!

IdleJon

Nah, in all seriousness he’ll show up at the end for Arya and marry her.

She’ll be the last living Stark and he has Baratheon heritage – the Wolf and the Stag at peace again, completing the imagery from the very first episode.

My vision is this…

The Dothraki fleet get caught in a vicious storm and are lost. All that standing up took such a toll on everyone that they didn’t have the energy to save themselves.

Cersei has no power anymore so drinks herself to death. Jaime beats himself to death with his golden hand, in grief. The Mountain rips his own head off.

Jon Snow/Stark/Targs goes north of the wall, forgetting that the dead can’t pass the Wall. Gets defeated by the Night King. The dead sit next to the wall for eternity.

Arya poisons herself accidentally on an undercooked pork pie.

Sexy Dutch witch finds Beric Dondarrion and Dennis Pennis and realises that, with their 17 footsoldiers, they are the last power in Westeros so crown Beric king.

Gendry searches his scripts to work out why he was written out of the SOFAI. Rides north to find Benjen ‘random character resurrection’ Stark who suggests resurrecting Ned.

Ned resurrects Robert who eats Beric and dies of indigestion.

Sean Bean wins.

zilog6128

But what nugget of information is Sam going to find in the Citadel? How to make valerian steel?

Since Sam is clearly the author inserting himself into the story, I think he’s going to use the library to make the critical discovery that allows the Night King to be defeated. The army of the dead is too massive to battle conventionally (even with dragons) and as Sam has already gone from ostracised loner to slaying a fearsome enemy, getting the girl & the respect of his peers it seems obvious that he’ll complete this clichéd storyline and use his mighty nerd-brain to save the world. Possibly with some kind of predictable heroic sacrifice right at the end.

GrahamS
    shuhockey
    Free Member

Colleague mentioned this today, can’t see it been mentioned in this thread yet, so here’s goes. The bald wizards that chained up daenerys a season or so a go had a vision about a three headed dragon. So we have three dragons and only one pilot at the moment. One is daenerys, two john snow and third could be the dwarf guy as his mother also dies in child birth and the dragons didn’t eat him when he set then free. Apologies I’m really bad with names! So three Targaryens and three dragons. Anyone seen anything to back this up or blow it out of the water?

jekkyl

the 3rd rider will be Bran!

lazybike
    Free Member

Pod looks a bit like gendry..I’m really hoping pod meets littlefinger….aye pod.

hammerite
    Free Member

They should have some money kicking around for the Boss Maester. Just re-allocate the budget that was used for Sean Bean, Charles Dance, Richard E Grant and Lovejoy.

There also needs to be a replacement of some of the miserable/dirty old men. Crastas went a while ago, Theon’s Dad, Walder and now the Pervy Maester have all been relieved of duties recently.

fisha
    Free Member

Sam will find the instructions on making dragon glass, wildfire and similar old skool stuff that defeats the winter army.

It’s pretty much set that Jon, dany and tyrion are the 3 dragon riders. Turion already showing he can master a dragon and likely being in the same boat as Jon by being a bastatd son as tywin Lancaster told him ‘youre no son of mine’

packer
    Free Member

Loved that last episode. It kinda restored my faith in the whole thing, since I lost it a bit during this series.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well as winter has showed up here I decided to have a look at Series 1 again, the 2nd episode is very very telling for the big reveal in this series

lazybike
    Free Member

Halfway through season 4 now…I’m not convinced this pod/brianne side quest is a good idea, arya’s coming along nicely though. Her exchange with the hound when she was water dancing was comedy gold.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’m thinking of watching them all again. Looked at the books and its about a foot and a half high!. Maybe for the winter( its coming don’t you know).

This is brilliant btw (maybe a tiny bit NSFW)
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/marietelling/57-photos-that-prove-game-of-thrones-is-the-most-visually-st

GrahamS

Looks like they have a right bunch of muppets for the next series:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhWUFXvaZjo[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m thinking of watching them all again. Looked at the books and its about a foot and a half high!. Maybe for the winter( its coming don’t you know).

As I said above at least S1, for those complaining about teleporting in this series the King does KL to Winterfell (a month) then the rest of the characters manage to go up and down about 3 times in a week!

perchypanther
    Free Member

lazybike
    Free Member

Season 4 finished..wasn’t expecting that.

jekkyl

To get a flavour of the books without all that hassle of reading them the audio books are excellent. It’s a lot more immersive and there is lots of fluff in the writing, but it’s great listen. I listened to them on my commute.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

late catching up…

Dorne: good grief, it’s still there.

Arya: where did that face come from?

Everything else: top episode.

Two cracking episodes at the end of this season.

FuzzyWuzzy

I was wondering where her disguise face came from to

GrahamS

Maybe she took a grab bag of faces with her when she left the House of Black and White?

I think I prefer that option to the other logical conclusion. 😕

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Maybe she took a grab bag of faces with her when she left the House of Black and White?

I thought the face changing thing was supposed to be something the Faceless Men could do. And then they’d need to go shopping in the Face Shop in the temple. Or maybe she just needs a handy corpse and ten minutes with the magic makeup bag. After all, five minutes with some fancy crayons and a handy artist and my nipper looked like a tiger, possibly not enough to convince a real tiger, but this is GoT and they have magic crayons.

Maybe all that was explained somewhere in the Faceless chappies storyline during the last two or three series, I forget, I tuned out a bit from that one when it started getting a bit stretched out.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ive been off this thread for a month as i had been following Englands Journey in the Euros. All caught up now with GoT, and basically , I was right 🙂

howsyourdad1 – Member
    I thought the thing with Arya blowing out the candle and sleeping with needle was that she’s knows the other girl will come for her and she can use her blind skills to kill her . Maybe
    POSTED 1 MONTH AGO #

I wasn’t blown away by the battle of the bastards actually , I read that it was the greatest screen battle of all time. Meh .

“She wants your golden hand up her t#*t” . Excellent

gonzy
    Free Member

not sure if this has been put on here yet.

http://quartermaester.info/

an interesting tour of Westeros with key information on key locations and events. also you can plot the journeys of some of the key characters.

GrahamS

I was right

Well sort of. She did use the dark/candle/needle to finish off The Waif – but the fact that she was coming for her was inexplicably a complete and utter surprise.

I read that it was the greatest screen battle of all time.

For telly, maybe.

For anyone missing GoT BuzzFeed have being going clickbait mad on them.

39 Questions We Have After The “Game Of Thrones” Season 6 Finale

The Interesting Details In The “Game Of Thrones” Finale You May Have Missed

I Rewatched The First Episode Of “Game Of Thrones” And Had A Lot Of Thoughts

27 Tumblr Posts About “Game Of Thrones” Season 6 That Will Make You Laugh

And so on:
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/search?q=thrones

I do quite like this:

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well of all the players left…. (and rewatching some of it as I’m bored)
    Tyrion was good and helpful to Jon when they saw each other and protected Sansa all the time he could.
    The resurrection of the Mormonts in the North could also play well when they here what Jora has been up to

Still MIA Gendry the last possible Barratheon

Jon gave Ayra the sword when she left.

Jamie might not have much time for Cersi these days after what she did, he is already starting to crack a fair bit.

So my prediction the 4 great houses will unite (after Cersi leaves) as they realise none of the ones left in Westeros actually want to be on the throne and it’s been a bad idea – oh and dragons win wars. (Season 7)

Then off North (Season 8)

BoardinBob

Given he’s not exactly shy about killing off people, does anyone else suspect he won’t end it on a “positive” note? And by that I mean the white walkers being defeated. Wouldn’t put it past him to have the white walkers win! A nice downbeat ending. It just doesn’t feel like the kind of show that will have a nice schmaltzy Finale!

GrahamS

Mmmm… I could imagine him doing a “We were the bad guys after all, not them” ending.

But that would suck.

Even though he apparently wanted to upset the standard fantasy tropes, I think there has to be some kind of payoff to the various character arcs, even though it might be bitter sweet.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah just being hopeful,

Watching back Tyrion comes across as more of a unifying character as he goes along(well through self preservation at times) Jon knows whats coming, the only issue is where to park the hordes in the ships and how much will be left of Kings Landing

lazybike
    Free Member

2/3 of the way through season 5…Khaleesi is starting to worry me, Jon Snow and Sansa have become more interesting..not seen Hodor Hodor! For a while, Cersai’s having a bad day..

zilog6128

My big worry now is that if there are only 2 (truncated) seasons left, and given the slow pace so far, it’s going to be very rushed from now on. Very few of the characters even know/believe of the existence of the white walkers yet, never mind thinking about fighting them. Also it’s taken 4 seasons for the Starks to capture one stinking castle so they’re really going to have to up their game!

GrahamS

Very few of the characters even know/believe of the existence of the white walkers yet, never mind thinking about fighting them.

Perhaps the fight will remain in The North or perhaps even be taken North of the Wall.

The South only hear about it in stories and myths, like the one we are being told by the elderly Grand Maester Samwell.. ..zoom out and fade to black.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Also it’s taken 4 seasons for the Starks to capture one stinking castle so they’re really going to have to up their game!

Startks in Winterfell, Lannisters in trouble and the biggest army sailing for Kings Landing. I’m guessing she kicks it off in within 2 episodes and the rest is the carnage that follows. All the stories are just about tied up now. The game board so to speak is set.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

My big worry now is that if there are only 2 (truncated) seasons left, and given the slow pace so far,

This season just gone cracked on at a reasonable pace I thought.

Also it’s taken 4 seasons for the Starks to capture one stinking castle

Yeah but no but yeah but it’s the biggest and bestimost castle in the whole world, so obviously quite difficult to capture. Stannis had a go before the Stark army, and stacked it, Jon Stargaeryn only managed it because Littlefinger was convinced to roll up with some chaps on horses halfway through the fight.

GrahamS

so obviously quite difficult to capture

Apart from the fact it is apparently only protected by a feeble wooden door that a giant can easily break through. 😀

(no moat, gatehouse, drawbridge, portcullis, barbican or murder holes?)

perchypanther
    Free Member

it’s the biggest and bestimost castle in the whole world

Not any of these things though.

Biggest?…. Harrenhal
    Most secure from attack? ….The Eyrie
    Bestest?… The Red Keep
    Richest? …Casterly Rock

footflaps

Didn’t even have a moat or a portcullis, just a single wooden door…

anagallis_arvensis

I suspect Winterfell has some magic lurking in the catacombs, bit like The Wall. I also suspect some sort of ill luck will fall on Blond Queenie soon as otherwise her army is too big and powerful and we wont have an sense of worry.

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 975 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones Season 6’ is closed to new replies.