• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gee.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Game changing products… Kuroshiro Fatbike rims
  • gee
    Free Member

So after 6 months of waiting they’ve finally arrived… 448g each, built weight is 1800g the pair exactly – 840g front and 960g rear. Build is Kuroshiro Enso 685 rims, Hope Fatsnos and DT Revs/alloy nips. They are insanely, crazily light to pick up. The bike as it is now is 23.5lbs on digital scales. They were absolutely perfect to build – they didn’t even need a true after I built them up. I was skeptical about the lack of rim tape but it worked perfectly. Gave it a little tubeless dance and it sealed up.

Every now and again a product comes along that totally changes how a bike rides. I think these rims fit that category as they’ve just taken 3.1lbs of rotating weight off my bike. I’d put them in the same bracket as reliable disc brakes or functional suspension forks.

Now the new waiting game for the 960g Schwalbe Jumbo Jims…

GB

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Get that steerer cut, if weights so important!

gee
    Free Member

LOL yes I know… Still playing with bar height.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Game changing indeed…if affordable.

Your old rims weighed 1.2kg+?

gee
    Free Member

Old rims were 900g for each rim, plus no need for gorilla tape with these, plus lighter hubs, spokes and nipples. Ison also helped out with the lightest 2 Knards they had in stock – these two are 1150g and 1220g. Bike was 26.6lbs before I swapped wheels on the same scales.

smatkins1
    Free Member

That’s an impressive weight and an amazing bike. You just need to get it dirty dusty now

brant
    Free Member

How much were they?

5thElefant
    Free Member

You nearly turned my head then. But…

900 euro? Per rim.. 😯

wwaswas

Saw the schwalbes on Bike Rumor – they were sayign just over 1kg for them and they look a bit spartan on tread but probably a good summer option 🙂

gee
    Free Member

Yes I think they’ll be a bit overwhelmed in mud. Good for sand though.

I should probably say a big thanks to Pat and Andy @Ison, Mauro and Augusto @Raceware, John @USE and Scott @Silverfish for making this happen.

GB

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Game changing products… Kuroshiro Fatbike rims’ is closed to new replies.