Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Gallbladder
  • Sundayjumper

I shall be saying goodbye to mine on 30th August. A handful of gallstones & a polyp mean I’m better off without it apparently, before I end up with pancreatitis or suchlike.

Anyone else had theirs out ? I’m not worried about the operation itself, just a bit wary of the recovery period, and convincing my 2½ yo daughter that jumping on daddy is not a very good idea !

craigxxl
    Free Member

I had mine removed after Bilary Colic from the gallstones, very very painful as you will know. Mine didn’t go well and still live the problems of a botched surgery.
    Side effects of not having your gall bladder are lose stools, so you will need to be careful what you eat afterwards, fatty foods being the main cause.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Mine didn’t go well and still live the problems of a botched surgery.

I’m sure that’s not the response Sundayjumper was hoping for.

Not worry Sundayjumper, not all surgery is botched – sometimes it goes how it’s supposed to go. Besides, a gallbladder is just somewhere to keep your bile in…….bile, spleen, doesn’t sound healthy to me. I am not a doctor.

matt303uk

Had mine removed as it was thought to be the cause of my liver issues, which it wasn’t, then again tests showed it wasn’t working anyway.

Not really noticed any change in my stools, but if it wasn’t working I guess it not being there doesn’t make much difference.

As for recovery, couple of days where getting dressed hurt but no need for powerful pain killers, then a bit of an ache for a week or so.

pennine
    Free Member

Mine removed 2 years ago. Post surgery was very uncomfortable (not painful) due to the air they pump into you during surgery. I just went walking each day which relieved it. Didn’t need the painkillers offered. Bowel movements can vary depending on what you eat especially fatty foods. Took a few weeks to properly settle down. Think I started cycling again about 4 weeks later.

Sundayjumper

Well, that’s my gallbladder gone ! Sitting in recovery with a cuppa. Tummy hurts but otherwise fine, operation was straightforward. Looking forward to going home.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Gallbladder’ is closed to new replies.