Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Galaxy s6?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Anyone got one? What are your thoughts?

cubist
    Free Member

Upgraded from s3 to S6 edge. Battery life is vastly improved and charges so quickly. Everything feels instant at the moment. No waiting for apps to load. Feels a lot higher quality than the s3 did.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’ve got an S4 mini and to be frank the battery life is appalling. The S6 would need to be a huge improvement for me to consider one

Shackleton

I like mine although I still dislike the touch wiz interface and all the bloat ware that you cant remove. Tempted to root and use clean lollipop. Fixed some of the niggles by using 3rd party launcher.

Battery life is acceptable, easily lasts 24 hours unless you are constantly using it. Charges very fast and can be done wireless.

Sound isn’t as good as the HTC m9 and the screen dpi is pointlessly huge (one of the main reasons imo for the battery life not being as good as it could be).

Camera is brilliant but jpeg processing is a bit heavy-handed. Hopefully they will add raw support in updates.

Very powerful, not noticed any slow downs or system hangs.

I have a Note 4 (so very similar) and it’s an awesome phone. I’ve read that the S6 battery life is a bit poor though

john_drummer
    Free Member

24 hours to me is not good enough. I’d want at least 3 days between charges.

I had a Sony Experia Neo V that was really good on that score. Think i’ll be looking at Sony again when my current contract is up

reedspeed
    Free Member

I’ve got an s6 edge,& came from an iphone 5s,which was great ,but the edge just blows it away ,I was out for 4.5 hours on Saturday ,with endomondo on ,upon my return the battery was at 57%,the iphone would last 1.5hr from a full charge to flat !.

The other features are awesome too ,& its lightening fast,love it !

somouk
    Free Member

The S6 has a smaller battery than the S5 did but still a significantly bigger battery than an iPhone 5 series. Bare in mind you’re comparing brand new tech to a year old tech, if you compare the S6 to the iPhone 6 things are very similar.

From an S6 point of view Samsung have done a good job of creating a more high end feel to the phone and it is quick when using it and the display is really good. I don’t think there is a better android handset out there at the moment if you want to be on the cutting edge of tech.

gonzy
    Free Member

I’ve got an s6 edge,& came from an iphone 5s,which was great ,but the edge just blows it away ,I was out for 4.5 hours on Saturday ,with endomondo on ,upon my return the battery was at 57%,the iphone would last 1.5hr from a full charge to flat !.

The other features are awesome too ,& its lightening fast,love it !

i’m thinking the S6 will be my next upgrade, but the wife’s will need doing first…we’ve both got S4 at the moment.
    my only concerns are that there is no expandable memory and the battery is built in.

reedspeed
    Free Member

gonzy
    No expandable memory !,it comes with 64gb,how much dya need like ??..

& the batteries fine…

Cougar

Had a play with the Edge last night, mate’s bought one.

I’m on record as saying that I wouldn’t touch a Samsung Android device again until they’d sorted their life out. I think they just have. It’s very nice; lovely hardware, minimal Touchwiz and slicker than greased squirrel shit.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just got one one as my latest work phone. Very good phone, battery doesn’t like being hammered by browsing etc

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Galaxy s6?’ is closed to new replies.