Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Galaxy S4 charging problems. New battery?
  • woodchip46
    Free Member

Trying to charge my phone today, it shows it’s charging but the percentage is hardly going up, in fact it goes down more often than not.

I’ve tried different chargers and cables, restarting the phone but nothing seems to fix the issue.

I’m guessing the battery is goosed. Could it be something else?

Where’s the best place for a replacement battery? I guess the ones on amazon and eBay are not genuine and not worth having?

Cheers

cranberry
    Free Member

An S4 must be a few years old by now and a new battery costs very litlte – I got an Anker one for IIRC £12 a year or so ago, so replacing it would be a cheap and easy thing to do.

I would guess that the battery is the problem, but if there is another cause then when that other cause is fixed you’ll still have the advantage of a phone with a fresh battery.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I’ve had 4 batteries off amazon/ebay all turned out to be very good fakes, 3 months down the line, wouldn’t hold charge, and screen flickering etc.

Samsung shop in MCC, had genuine ones for £25, that was over a year ok, worked great since.

woodchip46
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Ordered myself a 3rd party one with good reviews from Amazon, hopefully that fixes it.

Phone has charged all night, but battery doesn’t have enough power to boot it up.

One worry is the phone was showing that the battery was in good health yesterday despite this issue.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Sure it’s not the charger? I had a dud charger that showed the electric symbol on the phone but didn’t do any charging.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Phone battery state can get confused sometimes and with some phones it’s possible to get it to recalibrate the battery state.

I also had issues back with the old Samsung GS2 where the firmware decided the battery was flat if the phone restarts by manual restart or from a crash. The graph drops to zero but it will actually run for hours and the graph climbs until it reaches what it actually is then drops again. Was a long standing bug. Not sure if Samsung issue or Android.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Galaxy S4 charging problems. New battery?’ is closed to new replies.