Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Galaxy s4 battery used quickly in the last 2 days.
  • zippykona

Someone posted on here recently about battery drain and a clever person said that the Facebook messenger app was the problem.
    How was that resolved?
    If it’s not messenger is there a current rogue app?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Dunno, mine says 15% of the battery was used by facebook (settings -> more -> battery), messenger doesn’t appear I don’t use messenger often, presumably it’s still on in the background somewhere.

I has taken to dying absurdly quickly some days though so maybe that was the problem.

woody2000

Have you got Amazon Music? That was chewing my battery so I uninstalled it.

kayak23

You should be able to tell what’s causing the biggest drain by looking in the settings-battery use thingy.

tenfoot

How old is the Galaxy? My S2 got to two years old, and typically it would need charging again by lunchtime. My 2 year old Galaxy Ace work mobile appears to be going the same way.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I had a Galaxy S4 mini.
    Battery life got worse the older it became. After two years it needed charging twice a day.

I changed to an iPhone 6S. 15 months on the Battery still lasts as long as the day I got it – can go two days without needing a recharge if I’m too busy to use it 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ahh yes, but you can change the battery for a new one in an S4, you can’t* in iPhone* :p

*without screwdrivers and special tools.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Brexit

zippykona

Normally I finish the day on 75% I’m already on 50%.
    It’s just today and yesterday it’s zooming through my battery.

I’ve not used Google play or Bluetooth today so might investigate those.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Galaxy s4 battery used quickly in the last 2 days.’ is closed to new replies.