Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Galaxy s3 rooting ????
  • singlecrack
    Free Member

I’ve no memory left on my device …..full mostly with music and apps …..now I have a 32g card so I can configure pics and videos to that , but cannot move music and apps without a root ……
    So my question is …(to those with more knowledge about this than me) how easy is it to root ?
    And do I need to load anything else on to allow me to do the above ..?

scaredypants

it’ll be a doddle, if my note2 is anything to go by

try xda developers or modaco sites, or just google “how to root galaxy s3” and go somewhere like this

steveoath
    Free Member

Pretty sure that without root you can put your music on the sd card.

chiefP
    Free Member

Yep simple to do as above.

birky
    Free Member

google for framaroot

singlecrack
    Free Member

steveoath……can you elaborate

scaredypants

If you only want to move you music, I’d have though it’d be possibe without rooting; apps probably not

(have you tried attaching to a PC and browsing around to see if you can just copy & move your music ?)

singlecrack
    Free Member

Yes have tried it… doesn’t seem to play the music from the sd card

stu1972
    Free Member

Does the music player not scan for alternative music locations?

Create a folder called music on your sd card and see if the player reads it.

I rooted my S3 a couple of weeks ago and it was easy enough. You need to be on windows to run ODIN though although I used a VM on osx.

You need a root for the specific baseband of your phone. Go to settings / About Device and you will see something like I9300XXEMB5.

Google for a root specific to your baseband. I think your handset HAS to be a factory unlocked unit as well.

Dont forget to enable USB debugging in settings/developer options

Capiche ?

Stu

DaveP

I have an S3, you DO NOT need to root it to play music off an SD!
    Nor on an S2.
    Nor an S.

grahamh
    Free Member

Yes have tried it… doesn’t seem to play the music from the sd card

Yet it will from a S3-mini!

singlecrack
    Free Member

oh god please tell me how………….. 😥

grahamh
    Free Member

connect phone to computer.
    load music files into the sd card.
    from the music player select folders, navigate to music directory on the sd card.
    that’s all I did, and I’m a bit of a numpty when it comes to mobile phones 🙂

singlecrack
    Free Member

cool thanks will try it ….had this phone 18mnths still learning what it can do … 😯

PePPeR

Could I suggest that if you haven’t learnt how to manage a simple task like getting all your music onto an sd card, then perhaps starting to try rooting the device may not be a logical way to proceed?

singlecrack
    Free Member

ah It’ll be alright …what could possibly go wrong eh……….

and apparently ..you can actually TALK to people on these things as well ….how clever 😯

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Galaxy s3 rooting ????’ is closed to new replies.