Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Galaxy S3 or Nexus 4?
  • Cynergy
    Free Member

Bored of the iPhone 4s and I’m hearing the above two are good if not better alternatives

So, which one? Anyone got any experiences of one or the other or both?

vrapan
    Free Member

The best Android phone right now is the HTC One. No contest really. Build quality on par if not better than that of an iPhone 5, screen is fantastic (and full HD if that matters to you), really very very fast and the only Android phone I have owned that can tempt me away from my iPhone 5 for long enough to swap sims for a few hours.

The three drawbacks are as follows:

1. Sense UI 5, better than Sense UI 4 but it is an acquired taste.
    2. You depend on HTC to get their phones updated with the latest Android version (applies to all non Nexus phones but HTC are notoriously slow on updating their phones)
    3. Battery life is fairly poor, though to be expected given the spec of the phone.

If you just want to play with Android to see if you can get on with it get a Nexus 4. At 279£ it is a comparative bargain with great spec and a nice screen and build quality though not anyway near as good as the HTC One. It is also unlocked at that price so you can put your current sim in it without hassle. If you decide Android is not for you you will have no problem selling it as they are quite in demand given the price.

You might also want to keep an eye for what is coming in iOS7 as it is rumoured to be a fairly major rewrite. Personally I have owned a Nexus, a Nexus 4 and an HTC One but I keep returning to iOS as my main daily platform.

sam_underhill

Google I/O in a month’s time. Might be worth seeing what comes out of that before jumping?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trebord
    Free Member

I, too, got bored and curious of alternatives. Have used an S3 over the past 4 months or so.. on and off, as I keep going back to the iPhone. Tried really hard not to, but, once used to it, it’s hard to give up iOS!

If interested, I’d do the S3 (immaculate with accessories/spare battery, etc) for 260 posted..

spacemonkey

Another one here whose waiting for the iPhone and iOS to take another revolutionary step. Am hoping the iP6 (with 4.8″ screen blah blah?) and iOS7 nail this. I really dislike the whole ‘look and feel’ of Android and Windoze.

Cynergy
    Free Member

email sent trebord

Cletus
    Free Member

Both Nexus 4 and S3 are great phones but may take a bit of getting used to coming from an iPhone.

Of the two I would go for the S3 as it has a micro SD card and I use my phone to watch films either directly of via HDMI output (adapter required) and it is alot easier to swap media via cards than constant downloads (you will be used to that as an iPhone user!)

Both these phones are old though – I would look at either the S4 or the new HTC One

stufive
    Free Member

I went from 4s to s3 lte and i love the samsung its def the best phone ive ever had, however i had the chance of an upgrade today and ive ordered another 4s! its not as good as the s3 but theres just something about them i like, i will be also keeping the s3 so i will have use of both

nickjb
    Free Member

Both these phones are old though…

I agree that as the S3 is about to be replaced then the S4 might be worth considering but the Nexus 4 has been out 4 months, not exactly ancient.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Galaxy S3 or Nexus 4?’ is closed to new replies.