Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Galaxy S or Iphone ?
  • OK its one or other .

galaxy seems to do all of iphone + a bit more and its free .

and iphone is a iphone (loss of calls etc) but still best ?

have mac at home so want easy to use with it (music + photos etc )

richcc
    Free Member

Just buy an iPhone and move on

why you say that richcc

safehandsduffy1
    Free Member

htc desire ,awesome phone

awesome or awefull 🙄

would like info from anyone that has used both .

ease of use is main thing 😕

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I'm sort of guessing that if you have a mac, then the iPhone will integrate very well with it. It "feels" like using the Mac. Mail, safari etc are similar.

yes DD but been told that Gs will do the same with software called KEY ?

anyone used this and found it just as easy to use as iphone

( was looking at 3gs as its free but still £5 more each month

safehandsduffy1
    Free Member

Just got the desire upgraded from n95 on the 3 network (free at £25 a month with loads of minutes and free sat nav )(oh and 2yr warranty) mrs safehands got the iphone same day as me and admits how much better the desire is and is sending hers straight back !just downloaded my tracks how good is that !

Safehands

Was that from a mac or pc

and if from mac was it as easy as ipod etc

CountZero

Loss of calls? Really? Unless you're an American, on AT&T, and living in New York, LA, SF or Chicago, I think you'll find it's a total non-issue. I've yet to read of anyone outside of America where there are multiple networks having any issues with dropped calls. Certainly my 4G gets a signal inside buildings that my 3G couldn't. Stop reading media hype by people who have a bias. Most of the media FUD is by tech bloggers with a decided bias against Apple now they're successful, and therefor "evil".

DickBarton

Iphone is an Iphone…and that is it – not the best but has some very good features…and some very poor features…like all the mainstream phones now…

Personally I'd go for the Samsung as I just don't get Apple marketing (they aren't the best, they aren't original and they aren't the only ones that can do that – so I'll save my cash and get something that does the same and in most cases better).

CZ

Know of a few peps that have problems(iphone 4) with them . One is on his 3rd phone

but new stuff can give you problems until us monkeys test them out at our cost

Cheers Dick

Why should it be so hard to do !

Hart says iphone head says other as cheaper etc 🙄

safehandsduffy1
    Free Member

lordy it was easier than that! just went to market on programs of desire found my tracks then downloaded for free in less than a minute .

Ah that way

MrNutt
    Free Member

I've no problems with mine, and the very nice speck tartan free case turned up and it's great! Filthy perverted naked iPhone, it was a slippery embarrassment!

cpsilver

Galaxy s is great. Simular spec to the iphone. Had the same thought but went for the Samsung because of the op system

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Galaxy S is awesome, although I've never had an Iphone but I'm not a sheep [ducksandhides]

oxnop
    Free Member

First apple I bought was a 3GS and have recieved my 4 today.

I'm deffo not an apple fanboi but both phones have been excellent. I backed up my old phone which took 2 mins plugged my new phone in (after I'd chopped the sim to fit the micro slot) and within 5 mins it was all sorted – contacts, emails, music pics etc. So easy.

The GF has receintly upgraded to a Desire which uses same platform as the galaxy. Really nice phone just not as slick or as nice to use as the apple product. I'm sure that if you like to geek around with your gadgets the android based platform will offer more.

Horses for courses IMO

Cheers all still not sure will have to make a choice in the morning . good night and god bless

CountZero

I'm sure that if you like to geek around with your gadgets the android based platform will offer more.

Exactly. The absolute last thing I want to do is have to dick around with an expensive piece of kit I've just bought to get it to do what I want. I had that with a WinMob 5 phone and a Symbian 60 phone and I hated them both. I couldn't give a flying **** about 'closed gardens', 'open systems' or any of that geek bullsh1t. I don't live in my parents basement living off Red Bull and potato chips grepping away for hours at a computer just to get some stupid app to function on my phone. Life's too damn short. My iPhone does everything I could possibly want a smartphone to do, and I can find an app in the app store to do pretty much anything I can imagine, usually free or very cheap. What possible reason could I have for choosing any other platform. It syncs quickly with my laptop, it plays music flawlessly and I can read books on it. Two years ago I could barely dream of a phone that does everything this damn thing does, now I've got OS maps down to 1:10k, voice guided GPS, the list goes on. Without Apple bringing out the original iPhone and the App store, I can guarantee smarphones wouldn't be any further on than the crappy N95, which reviewers raved about at the time. I bought one on that basis, and it was an enormous disappointment. Zero battery life and a GPS that wouldn't work without buying a Bluetooth receiver. Glad to get rid of the damn thing. I hope someone, somewhere's happy with it; God knows, I wasn't.

rs
    Free Member

as someone who has an iMac at home, I went with the galaxy and haven't been disappointed, all me email and calendar stuff is through google and it all syncs really well, played with them both in the shop side by side and going back to the iphone screen it felt cramped in comparison.

rs
    Free Member

ps. the reviews talk about lack of flash and the camera being poorer than the iphone, in good light at least its fine, here's a couple of pics taken by the galaxy the last few days (from facebook so hopefully they work)

monkeychild
    Free Member

Funny how the gui looks the same as iphone os. Ill take iphone any day, plus you dont have to spend ages wittering to others whilst self assuring yourself how good android is 😉

thanks all will give Gs a go

Rs
    lucky bugger pics look good wish i was there .

ps shop says if not happy with Gs after week i can change it for iphone so win win ether way ?

please keep your reveiws coming .

Cougar

I've said this before, but basically if you want a phone to "just work" at the expense of being locked in to Apple-approved apps then go for the iPhone. If you want something you can mess about with, at the expense of occasionally having to mess about, Android's your man. If you want to download "the" application for a given task, iPhone; if you want a choice of ten apps, half of which might be great and half crap, Android.

Android is a geek's phone, iPhone is for people who aren't interested in playing with technology. </generalisation type=rash>

You'll not go far wrong with either handset. To my mind, it's not which is "better", it's which is right for you. There's both in this house, I have an Android phone and OH has an iPhone, and neither of us would dream of swapping.

retro83
    Free Member

You can't really go wrong with either, they're both very good.

To get the most out of android, you need a gmail account, and ideally use google calendar, contacts etc. Luckily iCal, Mail etc on Mac OSX will happily with Google calendar accounts, and gmail.

GrahamS

. If you want to download "the"
    application for a given task, iPhone; if you
    want a choice of ten apps, half of which might
    be great and half crap, Android.

I still don't get this assertion. How can Android have ten apps ("half of which are crap") for every one app that iphone has – last time I looked the App Store had around three times as many apps as Android so something doesn't add up there.

Aside from that I agree with the assertion that if you want it to "just work" and can live with the restrictions then go with iPhone. If you want flexibility at the expense of having to dick around a bit to get stuff working then go Android.

Personally, as a software engineer who develops firmware for embedded devices, I spend enough time dicking around with stuff and I just want my phone to work.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I

've said this before, but basically if you want a phone to "just work" at the expense of being locked in to Apple-approved apps then go for the iPhone

And I'm a bit sick of hearing this rather patronising attitude too.

Drac

iPhone is better at a cost, if your not prepared to be that cost then get one of the perfectly acceptable alternatives.

monkeychild
    Free Member

How is android a geeks phone??? I work as a solaris, vms and network admin (quite geeky) and my other geeky colleagues use iphones?? Why?? They just work!

Jamie
    Free Member

Stephen Fry Count-Zero and Surf-Mat to the thread please.

johnmandy
    Free Member

Iphone now have a app for the gps on memorymap, not new news you say.

But memorymap have just announced development of a new app for the android platform after serious pressure on their own forum from its members, thats got to be good news for bikers and a real choice

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Just get an HTC Desire, be able to change the battery once it runs out (woeful on all smartphones), have loads of good free apps and a decentish camera.

Happy now Jamie?

rs
    Free Member

my android phone just seems to work too, am i doing it wrong?

dlongman
    Free Member

Cougar I think there is a problem with your markup I think it should be

<generalisation type=rash>Android is a geek's phone, iPhone is for people who aren't interested in playing with technology.</ generalisation>

Apart from that I totally agree. I have an iPhone and it's the best phone I've had, and I've tried a lot of smartphones. Having said that I thought the Galaxy S was a car so maybe don't listen to me 🙂

tails
    Free Member

just get the one with the best battery. All good if you need that kind of tech in your pocket.

GrahamS

just get the one with the best battery. All good if you need that kind of tech in your pocket.

There really is absolutely **** all between them in terms of battery life.

cheekysprocket

Or maybe just go ride your bike 🙂

soops
    Free Member

Just got a galaxy s and it is brill!

I was after a Desire but it was 2-3 week delivery time.

The only thing it is missing is a flash for the camera.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Galaxy S or Iphone ?’ is closed to new replies.