Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Gaiters to keep feet dry when riding…..follow up from a post earlier this week
  • SiB
    Free Member

Just bought some for walking and noticed some smaller gaiters (about 20cm long). There was a post on here a few days back asking for ideas how to keep water from entering the top of ‘waterproof’ riding boots. Would small (or normal) size gaiters suffice, I just cant remember anyone mentioning them and cant think of any cons (unless too baggy, wht dont riders use them? Maybe they do but I cant recall seeing any out and about?

druidh
    Free Member

They suffer from the same problem that boots do – water will run down your legs and into the top of the gaiter (it’s not a good seal). The cut-off marigolds idea is better.

SiB
    Free Member

Cut off marigolds it is then. Any beneficial differences between the pink or yellow’uns??

druidh
    Free Member

How comfortable are you with your sexuality?

PS – I believe it’s possible to get black ones…

SiB
    Free Member

Very, but open to suggestions. You only live once

Cougar

The black ones are ‘heavy duty’

hur hur hur

househusband

The Inov-8 Debris Gaiter is good at keeping much and grit out of footwear when riding, bit not sure to what extent they’d keep your feet dry.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

The Inov-8 Debris Gaiter looks like it does a very good job of wicking all the water straight down into your shoe 😉

This really is a case of a problem in need of a decent mtb specific solution – everything in the marketplace at present is a compromise.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Still convinced my “solution” works best – cut about 2-3″ off the bottoms of an old wetsuit or the top of some wetsuit socks (you can get them off ebay for about a fiver). Pull the “hoops” of neoprene up over the tops of the socks leaving half in contact with your legs, half over the socks.

This keeps my feet dry (with Sealskins – would work with any waterproof shoe or sock) in any weather conditions while remaining comfy. Marigolds would rip legs hair out and make you sweat a lot.

TheBrick
    Free Member

These seem a bit fashion orientated but along the right lines being close fitting.
    http://www.fabrichorse.com/index.php?page=spats

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Gaiters to keep feet dry when riding…..follow up from a post earlier this week’ is closed to new replies.