Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Gaint TCR Advanced – about to buy any owners?
  • chameleon78
    Free Member

I'm off to get fitted and potentially buy a TCR Advanced 3 tomorrow – any last minute advice?

martyc
    Free Member

Do it. All I've read is good. Giant TCR won best road bike 2009.

wors

I have an ocr from a few years back, slightly more upright position apparently, i love it, great bike.

radoggair
    Free Member

love the look of it althou know someone who has had 3 frames snap on him, though in the same breath know 3 other people who have them and have had no issue. Good looking bike as well

stooo
    Free Member

Been riding a TCR Carbon (not advanced) last couple of years. Love it. Fast, comfy, great handling. Wouldbuy an advanced if had the cash.

fluided
    Free Member

Go for it I have a TCR 0 and I love it

radoggair
    Free Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ . nice

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Only one to get is pink 😀

Just like mine

Chris-M
    Free Member

I have the advanced 4, it's a fantastic bike. Highly recommended

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I have an Advanced 2 and have been very happy with it

pinches
    Free Member

The advanced 3 is really good value. Full 105, really good frame, aksium wheels. If I was buying one it's the one I'd go for.

trail_rat
    Free Member

my mate has an advanced ive used it for a couple races

all i can say is it climbs like a rocket !

I won the local hill climb by 40 seconds last year on it ! took 2 mins off my previous years time on my ocr !

Loved the thing so responsive when out riding – just egged you to beat its ass on the climbs. Could get you into a whole world of hurt that bike – when compared to the comparible bike from another range that i have access to it was leagues ahead …….

the one i had was a frame only build up with mavic cosmic SLs , ultegra SLs and light kit – id have one in a snap !

foggy
    Free Member

I'm about to sell my Advanced 2006 (equivalent to the current Advanced SL). It's easily the best bike I've ever had and I couldn't recommend them enough if you are comfortable on there. Remember it's a compact frame so it's all about the reach rather than seat tube size. They come with quite short stems as standard these days (the mediums now come with a 100mm rather than a 120mm at the time I got mine) as is the trend, so don't be afraid to ask to try in with a longer one if that's what you need.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I'd say hang on a month and get one at the end of year sale. I saved £600 on my carbon TCR.

chameleon78
    Free Member

£500 off it hence why not waiting.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I've got an Advanced 3 & it's awesome, so much stiffer than the ealier frames, but still really comfortable.
    Get it bought! (if you haven't done already)

chameleon78
    Free Member

Excuse the spare room photo but I came back with one. v nice indeed. the xl I tried had black aksium wheels for whatever reason so they swapped with the silver aksiums on the large I purchased. My foray into the roadie world begins…..

goldenwonder
    Free Member

That does look well with the black wheels, got me thinking about mine now with the 'normal' silver ones….

chameleon78
    Free Member

Had a quick blast up the road this morning for 10 mins – recovering from a bastard month long cold / flu – felt awesome, just need the saddle lower and to get the setup just right.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Gaint TCR Advanced – about to buy any owners?’ is closed to new replies.