Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Gahhh, ******* helicopters & noise pollution
  • Stoner
    Free Member

No problems with the air ambulance going up and down into Strensham. And we even have regular passes by Chinooks & Merlins that I quite like, with their lower frequency burbling engines and rotor sounds.

BUT some local **** has one of those crappy little Robinson hairdryers and thinks 9 o’clock on a windless Sunday morning is a perfect time to take it for a spin. Just bimbling around in the sky over Worcestershire buggering up the peace and quiet of thousands of others just so he can get a nice view. ****!

Amazingly aircraft are exempt from all noise pollution regulations so long as they follow the Rules of the Air. Now if I would pay £5 to not be disturbed by a helicopter on a sunday morning, then I reckon private civil pilots ought to have to PAY 5,000 x £5 for permission to fly on a Sunday morning.

I need to make a camomile tea and get my Sunday karma back now.

Jamie
    Free Member

bearnecessities

They’d sort it for you.

Stoner
    Free Member

Jamie – I confess my first thought when looking up was “I wonder how close I could get a firework to it. And how long would I spend in prison if I did?”

Jamie
    Free Member

Just send up a Chinese lantern. They seem to cause most things to go up in flames.

tang
    Free Member

Come on Stoner, get the landy in the shed for a A-team refit. Burst out the doors, chase the ****** down then kick back with a cigar. You know you love it when a plan comes together.

dannybgoode

Sod the fireworks – this’ll sort it…

Cheers

Danny B

Stoner
    Free Member

tang, you know how Hannibal et al produce a flame throwing armoured vehicle from a rusty mini cooper and some old cigarette lighters during 3 minutes of stirring music…..?

…..well the it’s taken me a month and a half to disassemble most of the landy, remove it’s harness, and take the bulkhead out. Give me a few more months and I might have it back together again with a new radio.

Junkyard
    Free Member

{politics of envy]Here on the poor side of the tracks its is just coppers choppers chasing chavs at night whilst looking for weed growers heat signatures and you still have the better views 😉

acehtn
    Free Member

Don’t move near Yeovil, sky is littered with helicopters 🙂

crankboy
    Free Member

We get the air ambulance going to the lgi , what look like military Helios also going to lgi , the police playing hunt the weed farm with our wider neighbors. But it the sods with radio contolled planes on the local sports field that really annoy. I plan to stockpile a battery of display sized rockets for next summer.

andrewh
    Free Member

Would a helicopter be able to take off from a turntable?
    only kidding, but feel free to answer if you must
    ask him for a go in it, they are great fun. Maybe if you could have a ride now again you would change your mind.

Daffy

Given where you are, and the type of helicopter you say it is, that could be Richard Hammond from Top Gear…

Kevevs
    Free Member

Deal with it. Other people have real problems.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If it is Hammond (and he’s not even a real hamster!!) then please, take it down. Though I doubt it…he’s in Herefordshire isn’t he?

Daffy

Neighbouring counties.

Stoner
    Free Member

Fair point kevevs. I know there are those out there less fortunate than me who don’t even know what kind of spoke key to use. The misery is gut-wrenching. 🙁

Drac

Sounds like fun always wanted to fly a helicopter.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But instead you get to cane it round in a van. Bummer. 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t call Drac a bummer, Darcy.

CaptainSlow

We get em flying alongside spits and other vintage war planes. That’s far more annoying based on it drowning out the old engines like the merlin 🙁

kimbers

move to a city then you get the police chopper at 3am chasing a scumbag gone to ground after committing some random criminality

andyl
    Free Member

I know what you mean. I love aircraft of all types and can see the aircraft taking off from Bristol airport from my house and love it but there is some fecker who teaches people to fly who seems to think our village is a good place to circle over….and over…and over…when I am having a nice sit outside doing some work.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

OP and the pilot this evening, having a quiet word…

Stoner
    Free Member

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Gahhh, ******* helicopters & noise pollution’ is closed to new replies.