Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Gah! I accidentally started Amazon Prime trial – what's good?
  • GrahamS

Tarnation and dagnammit!

I was just making an Amazon order and I (stupidly) filled out the “What is your child’s age?” post-order question bit for “Amazon Family” not realising that also triggers the start of the Amazon Prime free trial.

So it looks like I’ve got 30 days starting now to catch up on all those shows I don’t usually watch because they are on Amazon (and we normally only have council telly).

What’s good then?

scotroutes

All of the X Files

perchypanther
    Free Member

Dexter

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Mr robot

Walking dead

jimdubleyou

+1 Mr Robot & Walking Dean

Vikings
    Alpha House
    Mad Men

vickypea
    Free Member

My mum accidentally signed up for it but they allowed her to cancel

ossify

What’s good then?

Super-speed delivery 🙂
    It’s great if you live in an area where Amazon have their own delivery service. I bought something on a Sunday afternoon, it was delivered next morning on a bank holiday!

We kept it for 2 years but will probably scrap it now, don’t buy as much from them any more and not bothering with the video stuff.

GrahamS

My mum accidentally signed up for it but they allowed her to cancel

Yeah I’ve already set it so that it won’t auto-charge me at the end of the free trial.

Annoyed though because I wanted to save that free trial for some point when I might actually need speedy delivery and could feasibly have time to watch loads of telly, like Christmas.

Oh well. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    I just noticed “The Man in the High Castle” is on there, that looked interesting in the trailers, might give that a whirl.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

free delivery

IdleJon

I just noticed “The Man in the High Castle” is on there, that looked interesting in the trailers, might give that a whirl.

I’ve got three episodes left to watch and have really lost interest. I need to finish it.

Other than that and a film or two, there is simply nothing on Prime that I’m interested in. Can’t say that I ever need overnight delivery that desperately that I want to pay for it yearly either. Prime, a very curious thing..

IdleJon

free delivery

Amazon offer free delivery anyway. You just have to wait a few days.

Bosch, season 1 is there now season 2 starts this month.

GrahamS

Prime, a very curious thing..

Looking at what it offers I think a younger version of me, with more spare time, would probably have quite liked Prime. But these days I’m lucky if I get to watch an hour of grown-up telly before stumbling into bed, which is why we just have council telly.

madeupname
    Free Member

Annoyed though because I wanted to save that free trial for some point when I might actually need speedy delivery and could feasibly have time to watch loads of telly, like Christmas.

I’ve used the free trial option several times over a couple of years to get speedy delivery, and cancelled before having to pay… So has the wife.

I wouldn’t guarantee it, but I reckon you’ll get another chance come Christmas time!

GrahamS

Ah sweet. That’s potentially good news, thanks.

Fat-boy-fat

Lucifer. Nonsense but amusing.

IdleJon

Yes, Grahams, that was my first thought as well. But there really is very little content, and it’s patchy as well. Two out of five series of Call the Midwife, for instance. (Not for me, for the wife, you understand? 🙂 )

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I liked The Man in the High Castle, Mozart in the Jungle and Mr Robot was above average but that is about it for me. There’s no one part of the prime subscription that seems particularly good value but as a whole the music, delivery and film deal is just about worth the money.

They really do have a weird selection. I looked up Parks and Recreation on prime the other day. Of the 7 seasons that have been made Amazon have 5 seasons available to watch. Of those 5 only one is available on prime. So you’d have to pay extra to rent seasons 1 and 2, watch season 3 on prime, rent seasons 4 and 5 then find some other service to watch seasons 6 and 7. And the industry wonders why people choose to get their shows from dodgy sites instead of paid and licensed services.

…which is why we just have council telly.

60″, 4K resolution behemoth hung about two foot above the fireplace?

nuke

I’ve got three episodes left to watch and have really lost interest. I need to finish it.[/quote]

Glad its not just us. We tried given a lot of hype but we’re struggling now

Sticking with watching Walking Dead for now

bensales
    Free Member

Into The Badlands

hammyuk
    Free Member

Just about to say Lucifer!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

The Man in the High Castle. It’s not great, but it’s ok.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just ring them and cancel, I have done it twice so far and got full refund

GrahamS

I have done it twice so far and got full refund

I’ve not paid anything – I’ve just triggered the start of the free trial.

boxelder

Amazon Prime music with free downloads.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got the same – tried “Mr Robot” because of all the gushing reviews and found it embarrassingly bad.
    So haven’t watched anything else, or ordered anything needed the next day, so need to remember to cancel it!

seavers
    Free Member

so need to remember to cancel it!

I think you can go in to your account and set it so that you don’t continue Prime after the free month. At least it was when I did a free trial.

cinnamon_girl

Council telly?

seavers
    Free Member

freeview?

Edit; Or Sky??

mrsfry
    Free Member

Buffy, Doctor who, circle – movie. Did i mention Buffy the vampire slayer.

olddog

First two seasons of Vikings.

chrisdw
    Free Member

I had about 3 free trials!
    My Parents have added me on their account now as a guest member, they don’t pay anything. But I get the free delivery as part of their sub. No films tho unfortunately.

molgrips
    Free Member

I loved MITHC.

Also watched Arrow, that was good. If daft.

properbikeco
    Free Member

Vikings
    Man in the high castle
    free delivery!!!!!!

jon1973
    Free Member

Amazon offer free delivery anyway. You just have to wait a few days.

But there is a minimum spend to get free delivery without Prime.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Films I’ve watched on Prime recently and enjoyed:

1 – Life on the Limit
    ’71
    Defiance
    The Imitation Game

DezB
    Free Member

Phew! Would’ve renewed on 9th March… well reminded GrahamS 🙂

rhid

I really enjoyed the league. Lucifer is fun too. There is a lot of good stuff on there, but there is also a fair bit of junk! I am going to try Vikings, black sails and Mr robot next…

GrahamS

Council telly?

Tongue-in-cheek colloquialism for basic standard “free” broadcast telly.
    What used to be called “terrestrial”, before that stopped making sense.

Buffy, Doctor who, circle – movie. Did i mention Buffy the vampire slayer

Ah now you are talking my language!

Would’ve renewed on 9th March

Oooh good catch! At least some good came of this thread 😀

deadkenny
    Free Member

The delivery stuff is worth half the price, i.e. what it used to be before the video stuff was added. So consider what you’re getting for the other half of the price.

Also remember it’s more than video now, there’s music too.

On the delivery side, I was impressed that for one parcel I wanted to send for a birthday it gave me a free same day delivery option and could leave it until lunch or maybe later to order! Okay the recipient doesn’t live that far from Amazon’s big depot.

The delivery stuff is great if you order a fair bit from Amazon and you’re typically last minute with things so need it next day. Suits me then 😀

The video stuff is a bonus. Though the irritating thing is like with Netflix, the stuff expires. It’s more annoying with TV series. I see they’ve added the back catalogue of X Files, but I just know I won’t have time to watch them all before they remove them. Already had that happen with the original series of Star Trek (remastered). Got to season 3 and then they were dropped.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Gah! I accidentally started Amazon Prime trial – what's good?’ is closed to new replies.