Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • GAH!! Frustration!!!!
  • albino
    Free Member

Story of today's ride…
    Last ride for the summer before I go back to work tomorrow, the sun is shining, the air is still, Lee Quarry looks most tempting…

So, got as far as the main skills area before 1st pinch flat in rear – new tube no probs.
    First run down the Berm section – pinch flat in rear – another spare tube …No probs.
    Next run down the Pump trail – pinch flat in front – final spare tube goes in – fingers crossed.

Back to Berm section after sessioning the steps…guess what another mutherf***ing PINCHFLAT!!! 👿 Patch up one of the tubes with my only 2 patches with the aim of carefully pussying down just to ride the final section of singletrack and suprise of all surpises…..GAH!!!!! Punctures again 👿 👿 forcing me to walk all the way down and miss out on all the fun!!! I think it may have been someone's way of telling me that I shouldn't have been riding today.

Ran everything the same as normal today (at least up to the first PF) – Same tyres, same pressures, different karma!
    So what next – Tubeless or Freeride tubes??
    👿

rs
    Free Member

what tubes and what pressures you running?

albino
    Free Member

Bontrager presta tubes.
    28psi front with High Roller 62a
    30 psi rear with Bonty Mud-X

steve_b77
    Free Member

I found them tubes dead thin and flimsy to be honest, had a similar issue on one ride, 2 pinch flats on one descent!!

Switched to Schwalbe presta tubes and haven't had one since, to be honest I do think they're th best tubes out there.

Valves stay shiny too, even after months of riding.

toys19
    Free Member

maxxis freeride or dh tubes, started using them after multiple punctures in morzine a few yerars ago. Didnt have a single puncture this year..

albino
    Free Member

Cheers
    No votes for tubeless then?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nah it's all bollox unless you do it properly with UST or tubeless ready tyres.

DickBarton

More air in the tyres if they were pinch flats (or learn to ride lighter and pick proper lines)…shouldn't have a problem if the tyre pressure is fine…

taka
    Free Member

i have 50-55psi and never have flats with them tubes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘GAH!! Frustration!!!!’ is closed to new replies.