Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Gah, estate agents. Gah
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

I mean what is the point, had about 1000 missed calls and voicemails off them, because, finally, after a year, they’ve found someone who wants to look at our house.

“have they sold their house, cos there’s not much point in coming round if they haven’t”

“they don’t have a house on the market”

“ahh, so they’re a cash buyer”

pause/delay/mumble “they haven’t decided to sell their house yet”

I mean, what is the point, they’ll no doubt come round, kick the bairn, offer me £3.56 for my house then keep me hanging on for the next 18mths trying to sell their place.

I think we’ve decided to stay where we are.

sorry.

BigDummy
    Free Member

While I yield to no man in my contempt for estate agents, I am not sure I see how it is their fault that you have decided not to sell your house. 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

🙂 I’m, bored of selling it now

Just the way they phone you and get all excited on the phone, about someone, who is no position to buy my house, coming to have look round.

I reckon I’m the only viewing they’ve had for about a month.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

We are in the process of selling our house and when you do it fets a bit like the chicken and the egg. Do you wait tosell your house before you find some where or do you try and find some where then sell you house? or as we are doing looking and trying to sell. Our estate agent said that there is a lot of time wasters out there at the moment as they belive that they will be able to get properties for a knock down value.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

we won’t start looking untill we sell this place*, probably rent somewhere 1st and put all our cack in storage

*cloud cuckoo land, this place isn’t selling anytime soon

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’m sure it will sell, it’s just a matter of price…

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Thing is, I’m on a tracker mortgage paying just over 1% on my mortgage. Wife is expecting our 2nd baby, so seriously thinking that the timing is all wrong. A serious offer would give us some serious decisions to make!

theflatboy
    Free Member

better make sure you don’t let anyone round to look at it then!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

🙂

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Truth is – prices are not going to be where they are even today for the next 2 years… probably. Houses are selling IF they are priced to suit the market.

We sold in November for a mahoosive loss as we needed to move. A house has finally come up (well, couple of weeks ago) that we have had an offer accepted on. It had a LOT of interest as it was priced well (there was another offer already on the table when we saw it, but even bidding higher than the first offer still represented a good buy even in todays market). Other places we have offered what we consider fair market value and the owners have refused it. So they are going to be sitting waiting for another buyer for a very, very long time 😉

Oh aye – if you get an offer take it and move to rented. No point building chains in the current market!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

down this way (west cornwall) the estate agents get loads of holiday makers arranging viewings just to have a look around the prime properties. no intention of buying, just being nosey.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Can’t imagine anyone would look around a property just to be nosey – I’d have to glean the fact that they had absolutely no life from that.

I’m currently looking for a place but the problem I have is that I cant get a bloody estate agent to contact me back!

GeForceJunky

I found estate agents very weird, but then I can understand why. I was looking for a house in West London, and I’m a very young looking 20 year old, so non of the estate agents took me seriously, so non of them tried to sell me anything! I think the problem is lots of people browse houses but are not looking to buy urgently, so estate agents have a very hard time working out who is genuine. I have now found a house, which I get on friday (wahooo!) which I got for £230k when it was on the market orignally for £270 but the owners were urgent to sell, so I’m happy!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Gah, estate agents. Gah’ is closed to new replies.