Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • gaggiaclassictrackworld
  • surfdad
    Free Member

I’ve acquired a gaggia classic that’s a few years old. It seems to be in good condition, but I’d like to bring it back to tip top.
    Any tips on what I should be looking at to see if they need replacing? I was thinking gaskets/seals, and then giving it a good descale and general clean up.
    And no I’ve not made a coffee yet, planning on a double espresso before my commute in the morning!
    Cheers …

somafunk

If it ain’t broke…….don’t fix it.

By that i mean don’t replace gaskets/seals etc – and as for descaling?, has it been used in a hard water area? – if so then just run it till you get a problem as attempting to descale it will most likely lead to deposits getting stuck in the solenoid valve that bolts onto the boiler head. If this happens then you will get steam quite happily but no water from the group head.

About the only item i’d replace (if you notice a problem) is the filter basket and shower screen as they get clogged over time, and the grouphead to filter holder chunky rubber seal.

surfdad
    Free Member

Wise words, particularly to a Yorkshireman!

saladdodger
    Free Member

just clean it with Puricaffe it will clear all the shite out

bob_summers

You’re almost certain to need the grouphead seal, ime they last ages if used every day but leave them unused and you get coffee spurting past.
    They’re cheap enough to get a couple of spares from happy donkey etc, remove the old stubborn one by screwing a couple of woodscews into it and extracting with pliers.
    Then a descaling & pulicaf as suggested. Great little machine.

TomB

I think the solenoid has stuck on my cubika (no water through group head). Any tips for fixing? Ta

somafunk

You could try taking the solenoid apart if you feel up to the task, very easy job to do but it will prob involve dismantling your machine.

It looks like this and will either be blocked inside one of those holes in the pic, it prob just need a dismantle/clean/poke with a sharp toothpick/metal pokey tool to get it working again.

If you need spares for Gaggias i can recommend gaggia manual service here for parts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘gaggiaclassictrackworld’ is closed to new replies.