Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Gaffa tape first aid – what situations/injuries can you come up with?
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Sling, splint, taping up joints, tourniquet, stopping bleeding – what else can you think of?

sc-xc

Suffocation (cheap Dignitas)
    Contraception
    Tape across doors for picket line when RCN decide to get involved
    Tape doctor’s sleeves up so they don’t dangle their infections around

teasel
    Free Member

Gobby ramblers. It saves on the ears…

meehaja
    Free Member

a mate cut his head kayaking and the skin was hanging over his eye so he taped it back up.

1:You could use duct tape to prevent head movement in a potential neck injury patient.
    2:splint a fracture
    3; close a wound
    4:ligament support in knees/fingers
    5:blister care
    6:heat proof gloves when opening the door of a car on fire
    7: cosmetic surgery (various)

plus many more

crikey
    Free Member

Double sided duct tape can provide a useful modesty retention device when wearing an evening gown that doesn’t sufficiently envelope ones tits.

crikey
    Free Member

Oh, and has been used as a kind of winter overshoe by me and at least one other mate.

maccruiskeen

Use for waxing your bikini line prior to hernia surgery. Rolled up as ear plugs it can also protect the waxer from the screams of the waxee.

You can also use gaffa to secure a piece of broken glass to the end of wooden spoon as an improvised scalpel

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

you can make skin closures with it. steristrip equivalents

oldnpastit

Could you use it to reinforce Hadrians wall in the event of Scotland gaining independence?

matt_outandabout

Many years ago at work, a young girl went to the loo in the woods, slipped and tore a neat hole in her groin/inner thigh on the twig sticking out a log. Gaffa tape and sanitary pad applied, hidden under waterproofs. The group ‘stopped for lunch’ and (male) instructor legged it leaving teacher with group, for minibus, up forest tracks and collected girl and group before group new what was happening. All done without removing clothes and having to inspect too closely by female teacher.

I have also used it for slings on arms.

andywoods
    Free Member

gag for her indoors

onehundredthidiot

Taped mate’s face together to save us going to hospital.

We were in Wales you see………

Having too much fun biking to waste time on getting his face stitched back together.

morgs
    Free Member

stick kids to the wall…..preventative first aid?

BigJohn

I once sprained my thumb and couldn’t grip the bar or brake. I wrapped gaffer tape round my hand to stop the thumb pulling away and it was fine. It wasn’t like my hand was stuck to the bars so I repeated the treatment for the next 2 or 3 weeks till it healed.

meehaja
    Free Member

If you’ve got a really long roll you could probably make a harness and rope out of it. But I’m not going first.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Cover and remove verrucas.

maccruiskeen

Tape your bum shut when you run out of imodium

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Gaffa tape first aid – what situations/injuries can you come up with?’ is closed to new replies.